New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Is it because I'm a girl???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Default Is it because I'm a girl???

So I honestly wanted to get to know people on here incase I had questions about my modding but no one seems to be willing to help... Is it because I'm a girl??? I've worked on cars my whole life... I do all my own work to my car... but when it comes to modding... just getting into that and I might of had some questions about my accord... Theres no one on this forum that would help me out?

Old 05-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Is it because I'm a girl???

Opps, Here you are again:
2nd post same as yhr 1st..ask away and the other guys and gals will be Happy to help you with your questions:

WheelBrokerAng .....be happy

Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Because you're a girl?

No, your first post didn't really ask any particular question. Guys get just about the same response in here when they do that. This is sort of a welcome BS board anyway. Post out in the technical or appearance forums with something about what you really want.

What are your goals for the car? (appearance, drag, autocross, ??)
How much money you got? (or are willing to spend on the car...)
Don't forget to identify the car (most of us are too lazy to search your other posts to figure out what year/model you have)

So... WELCOME to HAF. That's what the 'new member' board is all about.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

^ Ditto.

You either go ricer or sleeper or tuner or driver.

*cough* GO SLEEPER *cough*

Old 06-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

are you single? :P

My car only has headers and an intake 300hp ftw :P

Old 06-01-2007, 08:52 PM

The way things are worded and presentedmake a world of difference as to how or if you will get a response. Being male or female has nothing to do with it. A reasonable questionbegets a reasonable answer. Your first post (below)was a very nice introduction and lets us know you are into your ride. Why do you think no one is paying attention to you after only two posts?[sm=teetertooter.gif]

My name is Lisa, I have an 01 Honda Accord, I have a few mods done to it... lowered on Skunk2 Springs, Magnaflow Exhaust, AEM intake... just got some 18" rims and waiting to get them put on... its tinted of course... always been into cars but just got into modding a couple years ago.. love to get advice about my car!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 PM

I didnt mean to be mean about it... some other forums I have been on have been very ignornant and really just mean to me cuz they think cuz im a girl i dont know anything about cars and i shouldnt be on and blah blah... Thanks for the welcome... and to answer questions... its really just a show car kinda... no i dont have a lot of money cuz im a poor daycare teacher and goin to school at night haha but I spend what little money I do have on my car... next... i dont know what the whole sleeper thing is... I know my car isnt riced out... my bf made sure of that (to answer that question... no im not single)... but yea... just havent had good experiences with some forums... so if I came out to be mean about it

Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Its all good. This is the most mature forum you'll find. Welcome btw!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 PM

haha WELCOME!!! yes this forum is definitly the nicest forum you'll find. the admins and moderators automatically get on somones case if they r being mean to somone else which is definitly a good thing!! a sleeper is a car that you do nothing to the looks of it. you just make it look as stock as possible and then put ALOT of mods just to the engine and exhaust adn stuff.. so it looks stock but the engine definitly isnt.. hope that helps!!

adam

Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 AM

Anyone one that has enough gumption to work during the day and go to school at night is tops in my book![sm=hail.gif]

Quick Reply: Is it because I'm a girl???