New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Dash Alert for Lane Assist and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 04:56 PM
Default Dash Alert for Lane Assist and other questions

I'm new to the Accord and still learning Accord tech. I have a few questions.
Mine is a 2021 EX-L.
1) When using Lane Assist, the "hands on the steering wheel" alert comes on after about 20-30 seconds, even when my hands are on the wheel. Admittedly they are lightly on the wheel, but to get the alert off, I have to actually move the steering wheel slightly, but enough that the course of the car changes very slightly. Is there a sensitivity setting for this? Is there a way to change the timing of the alert, say to a minute or more?
2) When the in-tach display is set to range and fuel, the current consumed mpg reading is a bar, with pretty small text; the average fuel consumption is a larger digital readout. Is there a way to reverse these so that I am getting a digital readout of current consumption and the bar showing average fuel consumption?
3) When I am on Android Auto and Waze is running, how do you turn Waze off, or for that matter any phone app off? In order to silence Waze, I tried various things, but the only thing that I've found to work is actually rebooting my phone. There must be a better way.
4) The wireless charger is NOT a fast charger, right? And the connection to the phone is a little squirrelly in that I can hear the phone reconnecting often even driving on a smooth street. Samsung Note 9, btw.
These are small things in an otherwise very satisfying ride, but any help would be appreciated to fine tune it.
TIA
John