New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Feeling like a monkey ready to get shot off into space...

Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Default Feeling like a monkey ready to get shot off into space...

Hey guys, just got myself an 03 Accord EX V6, my first Honda and I'm pretty psyched bout it. Figured I'd join up so I could pick at all your brains for regular maintenance questions and modification ideas. As is I'm very happy with my purchase, no problems besides a busted front and passenger side motor mount which me and my bud just replaced today fairly simply. Already had tranny recall taken care of and scheduling to have the ignition switch and windshield wiper motor taken care of soon... gotta love free work. Besides all that I think my main interest here would be any suggestions on mods towards more gas efficiency.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome!
I'm trying to get my head around your screen name vs. your last sentence about fuel efficiency...
There's one thing that has BY FAR the most influence over fuel economy, way more than any mod that a normal person would want. It's how you operate your own right foot.
(sorry, but I just had to say it)
Anyway, WELCOME!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator

And I agrre to that Jim...when I want to make my gas mileage gown down which I always like to do...I just put my right foot down on the pedal and ...POOF..away goes that good gas economy..I go from 17 miles to the gallon right down to 11 real quickly. I know this cause my car..The Green Hornet, has that miles to the gallon gages that are really accurate.. Jim ...should we Im gonna take out his game link under his location link above..Think it should go like I do...?