New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Finally got an Accord!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Default Finally got an Accord!!!

So on Sunday my family and I went up to Los Angeles. We went to Universal Studios, and spent the night. LA has a much wider selection of cars compared to San Diego, so I figured I would do some car shopping up there.

On Monday We went down to Long Beach Mitsubishi to check out an Accord I found on AutoTrader, heres the link:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ual&max_price=

I don't know how long it will be up before they take the ad down, so here's some info on the car. It's a white 2006 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe. It has the 6 speed manual transmission, with 36,877 miles on it. I believe it's fully loaded with everything but the navi system. I didn't think I'd like the car too much because of the white exterior, but once i saw it I fell in love

After test driving it, and some price negotiations, we finally decided to get the car. The ride home to San Diego was awesome, except for the radio wasn't working because of the code. We had it in the manual, but we decided not to mess with it until we brought it to the Honda dealership.

When I got home we found a few unpleasant surprises. First off was the coolant. It was below the Minimum line. That wasn't too much of a concern. The other surprise was to find that oil was leaking. We called the dealership back up to let them know, and they wanted us to go back to Long Beach the next day for them to check it out. We decided that we would bring it to the Honda dealership, and if it wasn't anything big and expensive we would just pay.

Well we brought it in today. They input the radio code (the audio system is very good) and topped off the coolant. The leaking oil was just a loose bolt, much relief there

The car is almost perfect, everything I've been looking for in a car. Very nice strong engine, comfortable ride, good mpg, luxury features. I do have a few minor complaints though. First off would be the door locks, they don't automatically lock when I start the car or drive, and they dont automatically unlock when I turn off the engine. Is there some way to make the locks automatic?

Anyways, I'll post some pics later, I absolutely love this car

Old 09-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Default RE: Finally got an Accord!!!

Welcome! I know the dealer you're talking about in LBC, nice and helpful folks. Congrats on the new ride!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:51 PM

Thanks. Yeah they were pretty cool, all until we got to the guy who handled financing, he was trying to act friendly but took it a little to far. Whatever no complaints, I got the car i wanted

Old 09-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Glad you came and joined up with us..
Good Choice on the car and Joining yup with the HAF

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM

welcome to HAF!!! congratz on ur car...

glad ur liking your new car bro..

Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 AM

Nice car, I like that model.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
mgerencs
Unregistered

Is there some way to make the locks automatic?

There are a few ways to set up the locks. Procedures are in the manual or online if you don't have the manual. Enjoy the Accord

Old 09-07-2008, 08:18 PM
KING D
Unregistered

InMarch I got a08 Accord CoupeEX-L automatic 2.4L which I love. Will there be power add ons and a dual exhaust system like on the V6 offered by after market vendors? If so who?

KING D