New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

finally picked her up :D

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Default finally picked her up :D

As of last night, I am the owner of a 91 accord sedan. It's a little rough, has 270k miles, but we drove it about 180 home, and it ran great. I cant begin to say how sweet it is. I look forward to endlessly annoying you all with my questions

Old 03-17-2007, 03:16 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: finally picked her up :D

Congrats on your *new* Accord. Feel free to ask away, just make sure you post questions in the appropriate sections. We have a whole bunch of really knowledgeable people in here that are more than happy to help you out with pretty much anything.

Welcome to HAF!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your Accord purchase.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:47 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Welcome! Plan on doing anything to her?1

Old 03-17-2007, 10:45 PM

I got a few things planned in the immediate future, because i need them done:

I have to replace the valve cover gasket
getting clear turn signals (both of the stock ones are broken)
Should be installing a cd player in it soon, the stock radio doesnt always work)
getting a CAI, and new exhaust (since we dont have emissions testing here in OH, ill get one of those fake cats
JDM bumper, since the stock one is cracked
CF fenders and hood, since both stock ones are bent
enkei wheels (probably one of the racing series ones, i was mad that NT03+M's didnt fit, is there a way i could get acura hubs on it or something to get around that?
i also want to get some of those projector headlights, because they look pretty cool

Actually i thought about it, and getting carbon fiber pieces would be sweet, not only for the weight savings but would also save in paint costs. Im hoping eventually to get some more upgrades, but being that i had researched mostly on VTEC car engine upgrades, im not up to speed on this stuff yet. Any recommendations? (yes i know, doing a full tune up and making sure that nothing is broken/about to break above all else)

Maybe ill get some pics up tomorrow, so i have the "before" part of the before after photos covered Ill pry the two odd hubcaps off before then, because they look dumb. Im not into all of that ricy neon stuff, and big chrome wheels. I do like my stereos, but im probably just going to use the 780w amp i already have with a sub, and try not to ruin my trunkspace with it. Ill replace the stock speakers too, but id like to leave all the stock grilles on to prevent theft.

Im not up on what kind of swaps go into accords, what's available? I know that on other cars, k20's are nice, but i know that swaps are labor intensive and costly, so i figure ill stick with simple things until im more confident working on the car.

I just got my factory service manual too, ill be looking at it to learn more about the car.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:00 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

The most common swap for Accords is the H22 out of a Prelude. Sometimes you will see one with an F20B from a Euro Accord Type R, but mostly its the H22. Another option is to just keep your F22 and turbo it. There are many threads on here talking about turbo on an F22 and also the H22 swap, just do a search and you will have plenty of reading to keep you busy for a while lol.

Looking forward to seeing those pictures!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:23 AM

I have to say that the manual i got is annoying, are they always a billion pdfs? I get a folder with like 200 pdf's, each with 4 pages worth of the manual. Ill probably check one of the sites stickied for a normal one.