New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

heeyy sup everyone noobiee wit a prob here

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
4star
Unregistered
Default heeyy sup everyone noobiee wit a prob here

sup guyz im corey frm miami 305!!
but anyway i got a honda accord 1990 lx
thats givin me sum prbs
first of all my revometer cuts in when ever it wants (mind of its own O_O) but ive been told 2 check my distributor cap ... is that correct do i need 2 change it ?
also while drivin my car it will start 2 miss or not accelerate no matter how much i press on tha gass.. it tries but dont.. then my s starts to flash in tha dash as if its cuttin in and out of sports mode then my engine light cuts in and my speedometer doesnt work... this usually happens everytime tha speedometer is not workin.... is it my vehicle speed sensor thats giving me these probs.. can anyone help?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Default RE: heeyy sup everyone noobiee wit a prob here

well, the lose of aceration or lack there of, could be over heating, or like u said a spark wire could be lose, or corruded, take them all off clean them and make sure they are making a firm connection, also as stupid as it sounds, make sure they are inorder, as for inside, mabe a bad connection, lose connection mabe, tap it see if it affects them
also it might need a tune up, new plugs, new wires etc

Old 09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
4star
Unregistered

hmm i may need 2 change spark plugs n have wires checked out but i think tha prb is beyond that to have the sports light blinkin and the engine like

Old 09-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I actually LOL'd at "revometer"!!! The S light and loss of power makes me think that your tranny is shot.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:22 PM
4star
Unregistered

lol the "revometer" is the least lol
but wat u think i shud do about tha tranny?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

When you said that it tries to accelerate .... do the rpms go up? If so, I'm thinking that the tranny may be slipping. VSS could be the speedo problem and cruise control wouldn't work because of it. As mentioned, check the dizzy connections and at the plugs. Might want to pull the plugs to see if any are fouled .... or just change them (NGK or Denso only). Also, try spraying a mist of water over the wires at night to see if the wires are bad (car running) .... you are looking for a lightshow of sparks grounding to the engine through the wire insulation. Also, there is a ton of diagnostic tests and info in the DIY section. You should look through them because I'll never now as much about Hondas as Deserthonda!