New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:46 AM
according2honda
Unregistered
Default Hello

Hello to everyone in this forum...which I'm glad to have found!
I own a 2nd gen Honda Accord which has given me 20 years of trouble-free driving experience.
Its a 1986 lx-i 4 dr sedan which I purchased in December of 1985.
The last made in Japan Honda Accord model year before the Accords were assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
Its still pristine-looking up to now. Pure, stock and simple.
The only modification it ever had was a wheel upgrade to Enkei wheels from the oem 13" to size 14".
It still runs pretty much the same like when it was new.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Hello

outstanding! welcome to the forum, how many miles are on your car?

Old 03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Deleted User
Unregistered
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 03-02-2006, 12:34 AM
according2honda
Unregistered

Thanks for the welcome!

The color is beige and only has accumulated 149,000 miles throughout its 20 years of existence.

Its no longer being used as much compared to its newer siblings but am proud to say that it still is...... undoubtedly a very reliable car.

I'll try to post some pics as soon as I could get hold of a digital camera.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Gotta be proud of the old babies! I wish I could get/post some pics of my Civic on here... she's pretty, Rhonda I call her.... 1981 Civic Stationwagon.... she cranks out 76 HP (give or take 1 or 2) at about 5500 rpms, but there's enough room in the back to..... go to the drive in? Welcome and congrats on sticking with the older accord for so long... that's sweet.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Deleted User
Unregistered
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 03-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Administrator

You ought to call up Honda @ Marysville and tell them about your car, who knows maybe they might invite you to the factory and give you a great tour, Ive been there and it's quite a car plant.

By the way...Welcome to the forums..

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Carbo85
Unregistered

Hello,

I'm glad to see someone else out there with an older Accord. I have a 1985 light blue Honda Accord Hatchback with 124,000 miles on it. My dad bought the car in 1985 and it sat in his garage for several years after he could no longer drive it. I have been driving the car for the past three years, only in the summers and no rain, trying to protect it from the elements in NorthEastern Ohio. I was looking around for a project car for my son and I to work on and I realized (duh) that I had this sitting in my garage and it might be worth the effort. Mechanically it is in great shape, I have replaced the clutch, master cylinder. exhaust, cat converter. The engine burns no oil. I really love it because it is so simple, with a carburetor (no EFI) , no AC, no power steering, AM pushbutton radio. The body is in fair shape with rust around the fuel filler neck inside the door, and some around the rear quarter panel in front of the rear wheel (not bad, but I don't want it getting any worse.)

My question is the advisability of fixing this car up. I suspect the engine will run for a lot longer than the 124,000 I have on it. What about availablity of body parts, quarter panels and such? It appears there are body parts available online out of California. What later year Honda body parts fit the 1985? My searching indicates that there was a major style shift in 1987.

We saw the first Honda Accord (1983) produced in Marysville last week at the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit and my son commented that it looked just like the one in our garage!

Thanks,

Carbo85

Old 05-01-2006, 05:22 PM

Welcome to the forum! I can't tell you off the top of my head (like some of the others can) what years will fit/work on your car but I would guess that 83-85 (or 86) is about right.... that's just a guess though.... Great little cars and you have really low miles... my 94 has more miles than that!

Old 05-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Carbo85
Unregistered

Just thought I'd experiment with the forum and post a picture of my 85 Accord.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3757/E92449630B754D9799FCAE9FE1EF0955.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Hello