New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:44 AM
jamshat
Unregistered
Default hello

hello all;
im a new member and a new accord owner as well. sadly my joy with the new car is turning into a major pain in the **POOP**. my battery died and i had to jumpstart the car, it went fine no problems. the thing is the radio wont start now and its asking me for a code to enter. i bought my car used and i have no idea where to start. i know one of my friends mentioned sth about reseting the radio but i dont know how to. is there a way to retrieve this code? any help is much appreciated. by the way the car is a 03 accord coupe EX.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: hello

welcome to the forum. there were two cards that came with the car that had the code written on it. look for those cards. it also may have been written somewhere in your manual. it is also printed in a hidden spot in your car that i just cant think of right now. also the dealership can get the code for you for free if you call the right person.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:17 AM
jamshat
Unregistered

thanks for replying. about the cards i havent got any cards.. i got my card used and dont remember getting 2 cards with it. the manual doesnt have anything on it..at least nothing that i could find..ill look again. and the dealership people are telling me that i need to pay $75 to get the codes which sounds ridiculous...ill call and ask though..i hope its for free as u say.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:51 AM

have you looked for the code yet? if yes where have you looked?

Old 07-20-2006, 04:54 AM

let me give you some places to look.. first off you are looking for a small white sticker with 5 numbers on it.

locations are

in glove box or on the side of the glove box

underneath your ashtray/change tray

under the hood

in trunk maybe on those bars that hold the lid up or on the bottom of your center brake light

in a door jam.

on or inside the cover of the fuse box lid under the steering wheel

Old 07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Hello New Member..Thank you for joining up with us.

ope you enjoy the help and the visit. We have a few Honda Dealorship techs in here who have lots of the info your looking for.

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]