New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Default Hello!

So, a brief introduction is in order I believe. My rl name is Kyle, I'm broke, and I just bought a 97 accord ex 4dr auto, f22 vtec motor, for $1400 and was hoping I would be able to use this forum for reference in terms of troubleshooting and possible upgrades.

A bit about my accord..no serious body damage but paints rough in parts where its been scuffed. 191k miles, running strong, though my vtec is not -.-, in the process of getting a stripped bolt out of it to try and check the screen. Was kinda just wondering what you guys think? Is it worth sinking any money into? Like will it hold up long enough >.>. I mean its been pretty well taken care of mechanically as far as I can tell, and the motor sounds fine. But just kinda wanting some opinions.

Things I'm considering(keep in mind I'm broke). CAI/SRI, catback exhaust, chip maybe? umm maybe lowering, and some exterior work..blacking out head/tail lights..and blacking out the markers as well.. and possibly changing the wheels and changing the paint(black primer for now, I'm broke.) So yea any preference on brand for those performance parts? was thinking megan maybe for exhaust, they seem reasonably priced..and either AEM for sri or K&N for cai. I know nothing bout chips so dunno really even where to start researching.. Also wondering if there is anything you can do performance wise to an auto trans on these things.

So yea, that's that, and feel free to rudely refer me to specific sections/threads on the forums, I wouldn't be offended, but anyone that's willing to offer an opinion or two, I'd much appreciate it

Old 10-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up Good Morning New Member

Thank You for joining the HAF..

Just start reading the different threads in the different forums and you'll get all kinds of ideas on things to buy when you get UnBroke

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Hello!-000_0167.jpg  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 AM

Welcome to the forum!! You made a good purchase! I bought my 96 accord years ago when it was on its last leg. These guys are very knowledgeable about the in's and out's of a honda, helped me out a great deal!!

When I started with my car, I worked from the inside out, leaving the cosmetic part for last. I have a megan racing exhaust and an aem cai. unfortunately, I do not recall the site I got my megan exhaust from. Did you want a short ram?? The price for a regular intake ranges from about $150-250. If you want a short ram, you are looking at about $115-190. Some of your aftermarket parts you can get from sites like ebay or jcwhitney. As far as wheels, you can check out tire rack, wheelmax, or ebay.

If you have any additional questions, just holla!!

Last edited by rwyatt80; 10-04-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Thank you guys for replying. Well at this point it'll be awhile b4 i can really do anything to it. My vtec is still messed up =/. Screens clear, electrical connections good and its not leaking oil from the solenoid or around the solenoid atleast, but its not kicking on at all..so gotta figure out where to look from here:P. But yea umm was looking into starting with an aem sri if i ever get all the mechanical issues fixed.