New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Hello!

Hi there. I'm just snoopin' around looking for answers to questions I haven't even asked yet. I bought an '05 Accord about a month and a half ago, its a V-6, 6-speed. I've put GM Performance transmission fluid in it, which fixed a crunchy 3rd gear more or less instantly, changed the plugs, which were the originals, switched over to fully synthetic oil (Mobile-1 oil and filters only), and replaced the stock skinny sway bars with larger solid Acura TL, Type S bars. Other than that its just a very clean silver gray (black interior) Coupe with 114k miles on it. The car has stock wheels, which are in very nice condition with very little curb rash, and a set of Goodrich G-Force Super Sports (stock 215-50-17). Mine is a non-Navi car, but I have a more or less permanently installed Garmin Nuvi with life-time map updates, so I don't miss the factory system.

My clutch sticks now and then and the larger sway bars were not enough, but neither of those things has to be addressed immediately.

Time to go start reading back postings, way way back.

Old Man.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF.....old man

At 114K, might get to thinking about the t-belt change, if it has not been done already.