New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from the 818

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Default Hello from the 818

Hey peeps...hows it going? my name is enrique and Im brand new to the forum and just cars in general i guess. I am more of a motorcycle guy and i love riding the canyons. Lately i have started getting more into cars because ive had several spills on my bike and it just hurts a lot! physically and financially. i dont think anything will ever compare to dragging my footpegs in the turns but i dont want to get myself killed so i started doing some research on cars. i joined this forum cuz i actually own two accords. i did some more research and it turns out my 1994 accord lx has an F22B2 engine(im still not sure if that is good or not). My 2000 accord has a J30A something engine.....i cant make out the last digit. both cars are automatics and they are in the 200,000 miles range. the 2000 accord is a six cylinder vtech and apparently that is a good thing. eventually i would like to put a supercharger on one of the cars but im not sure which one just yet. they are both stock. i'd like to upgrade the suspension and brakes so i can take it to streets of willow or the canyons(ACH baby!) and have some fun. i still need to do a lot more research before i can attempt any of this. perhaps it would be more cost effective to just save up some money and get an exige or until i can afford a ford gt ;p . i am really looking forward to learning a lot from you guys...thanks in advance...
P.S. I still have my bike but i will "try" to keep it down to cruising and a track day every so often.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Supper Moderator

welcome enjoy your stay.
BTW it's vtec not vtech.
Also I would not bother trying to go forced induction on any honda auto transmissions. They don't like any more power over stock. Your best bet at the point is to do a 5speed swap on the 5th gen (94) accord. Then turbo her. Supper chargers are hard to fit in accord bays. The price is the same and you yield more power from a turbo. You also have other options for engines. B/c the f22b1/2 engines aren’t performance worthy. You can swap for a h22 DOHC vtec. It’s a direct swap and a great engine. Has 200hp vs your f22b's 130hp. That engine came out of preludes. Search around the forums there is a lot of info for what you would like to do.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Hello New Member and welcome to the HAF...

Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Welcome to HAF bro, your about an hour away, and I have probably seen you riding on Angeles Forest highway a couple times lol

Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
welcome enjoy your stay.
BTW it's vtec not vtech.
Also I would not bother trying to go forced induction on any honda auto transmissions. They don't like any more power over stock. Your best bet at the point is to do a 5speed swap on the 5th gen (94) accord. Then turbo her. Supper chargers are hard to fit in accord bays. The price is the same and you yield more power from a turbo. You also have other options for engines. B/c the f22b1/2 engines aren’t performance worthy. You can swap for a h22 DOHC vtec. It’s a direct swap and a great engine. Has 200hp vs your f22b's 130hp. That engine came out of preludes. Search around the forums there is a lot of info for what you would like to do.
Sorry about the whole vtec..i guess im just used to adding the "h" after any "tec" letter combo. i will keep with the research around the forums like you suggested. so in your opinion, im better off putting in the money to the '94 rather than the 2000? thanks for your input.
Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Hello New Member and welcome to the HAF...
Thank you!
Originally Posted by ebarrera661
Welcome to HAF bro, your about an hour away, and I have probably seen you riding on Angeles Forest highway a couple times lol
lol...yeah prob...i ride with niteriderscrew....you can see some vids on youtube but im trying to keep my body in one piece so im keeping away for a bit..

Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Supper Moderator

Why I corrected you was b/c ppl will give your sooo much crap for spelling it like that. It's a pure noob mistake. I try to let ppl know b/c if you were to go another forum and say I have a vtech engine ppl will bash on you and make you feel like 1in tall over something really stupid.

Yes I would put the money into the 4 cyl. The J series v6's don't have much aftermarket support. So hard t come by parts and when you do...well big bucks.

Now if you want to swap for a h22 engine you might want to think of going all motor not turbo. B/c you have to modify the h22 to go turbo...b/c it has such high compression ratio from the factory. I mean if you have the money to drop into a project like 5k you can turbo a h22 and make some good streetable numbers.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by g22cd5
Why I corrected you was b/c ppl will give your sooo much crap for spelling it like that. It's a pure noob mistake. I try to let ppl know b/c if you were to go another forum and say I have a vtech engine ppl will bash on you and make you feel like 1in tall over something really stupid.

Yes I would put the money into the 4 cyl. The J series v6's don't have much aftermarket support. So hard t come by parts and when you do...well big bucks.

Now if you want to swap for a h22 engine you might want to think of going all motor not turbo. B/c you have to modify the h22 to go turbo...b/c it has such high compression ratio from the factory. I mean if you have the money to drop into a project like 5k you can turbo a h22 and make some good streetable numbers.
600 HP at the wheels on a H22 FTW!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Supper Moderator

600hp isn't very streetable

Old 01-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

600 HP is what you race with I say.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Depends were you live lol

Quick Reply: Hello from the 818