New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello everyone, from houston TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Default Hello everyone, from houston TX

I was researching engine issues on google and was directed to this site, so I figured I would make an account and be a part of the family I used to own 3 honda civics about 12 yrs ago & i remember how much fun they were and the gas I saved with them, lol, so I just got a 93 accord really really cheap to burn less of this expensive gas we have right now. Its having its issues right now, so far I've changes the rack n pinion, water pump, timing belts, tune-up & recharged the a/c. It's got a oil leak by the lower timing cover /oil pan when it starts so I think I might need to purchase the balance seal retainer clip cuz eric the car guy recommends it on these models, I wanna kick myself for not putting it in today when I changed the seals out. Hopefully its just the oilpan gasket or sumthin, I will know more later this week, I also see oil creeping out the top of the exhaust manifold by the valve cover on rare occasions, thus making white smoke come out the exhaust. I'm having so much fun working on this car, I can't wait to actually have fun driving it! LOl.. I'm a cadillac man, I love tricking out cars, but I also loved how my Honda went for sooo many miles with low maintenance. Hope to learn alot of wisdom on here and hear from the cool people it has to offer! Now its time to go to sleep, yall take care, God Bless!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Welcome