New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

HELLO from MD

Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Default HELLO from MD

my name's spiff.
i just got my hands on a 97 accord ex 4 door with 97k mileage for 1900$.shes been garage kept for the past 3 years and no previous owners other than the original and im absolutely in LOVE with this car.
the paint is pristine, and i just finished most of the tuneups and installed a new radio.

tried to get her inspected today though and idk if i was getting scammed or not,the inspector was also a body/repair shop and they told me my power steering pump was leaking?and told me i need a new one. now when that happens,its usually just the hoses right?i used to help my older brother work on cars and ive never seen a pump itself leak, anyways,i hope to find the answer to that AND more here with this online community,as ive been converted to an accord lover. thanks for having me!

Old 02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Talking * Hello New Member**

Welcome to the HAF and all our members...

Thank You for joining the forum..if you think it's a hose...wipe it off and then start it up and have someone move the wheel back and forth..if it leaks, you've found your problem..if she no leaks-then more than likely the pump itself..

Later WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails HELLO from MD-1146_pic_3.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 PM

awesome,thanks for the greeting and input! i ran out earlier and picked up new return and pressure hoses, im excited because this is the first car ive purchased on my own,and fixing little things like missing dash ***** and installing new electronics feels so rewarding, i replaced the windshield and ordered a front lip for it,(the lips not on yet) and i cant wait to get the windows tinted. haha cars are fun.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Yes they really are and when you fix up a problem, it gives you a mini rush of
accomplishment..

WheelBrokerAng