New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

help

Old 01-13-2006, 07:23 PM
accord87*
Unregistered
Default help

ok i have an 87 accordV6,lx,5speed i have no clue were to find my turbo ive been lookin around but no luck yet was hopeing somebody could help me find my parts leave me a email if u have any clue were to find parts for this car

Old 01-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: help

not to be mean or anything but you do need some help.

1. in 87 accord didnt offer a v6
2. you dont have a turbo (yet)

now if you want to put a turbo in your car im sure we can find a way to help you with that. make no mistake, it will be a completely custom fabbed job especially if your runnin carb.

lightshow

Old 01-13-2006, 11:25 PM
accord87*
Unregistered

cool dude i just got the car an im lookin for some speed an i looked everywere an no luck so i think i can find a supercharger somewere. the car has potenchale its fast but it has no upgrades i hope u can help me thanx

Old 01-13-2006, 11:33 PM

hell yea bro thats what im talking about. i hope your good with metal. if you want to dump like 10k into that motor, i could tell you how to put an 8-71 blower on it. you could burn out easily through 4th gear if you didnt snap your axles.

no really though. mods are going to be kinda hard for that car.

lightshow

Old 01-13-2006, 11:53 PM

i should really be more helpful though. first thing you could do is intake. i think one of those edelbrock filters for a 350 might fit on your car. that should free up some hp. also to cut off that stock muffler and have a better one welded on at your local muffler shop. keep in mind that these old hondas sound particularly raspy with an aftermarket exhaust. under full throttle it should be able to drown out anything from your passengers conversation to a nuclear explosion. a bigger carb would be the first big step you could do, there is a way to but a 650cfm edelbrock or holley on your motor. you would just need to modify you intake manifold. maybe being just as easy as fabbing up a special flange. you car would absolutely run like a bat out of hell. damn.

lightshow

Old 01-14-2006, 12:10 AM
accord87*
Unregistered

lol i just want a accord that could smoke my freinds fomula firebird 350 its fast to but i think i can take him he has 260hp 350tork yeah its hard finding parts for this car but at 130 its at 4000rpms its fast

Old 01-14-2006, 12:39 AM

i think it would probably take quite a bit before you are going to mollywop a formula. dont loose hope tho, because i am just about certain there are a couple of cars on this site that can waste v8's all day.

lightshow

Old 01-14-2006, 04:35 AM
Administrator

hello New Member.. lots of luck on this project your starting on..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-14-2006, 11:32 PM
accord87*
Unregistered
Default ez button

I think ima go with the VTEC conversion I like a challange but i think im gona hit the ez button on this one lol

Old 01-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Default RE: ez button

lol thats gonna be a big button. it wouldnt really be that hard come to think of it. you would need custom motor mounts. the motor ecu. maybe the prelude axles would fit but they might need to be custom. custom shift linkage, but your clutch may work if its cable right now.. tell you what tho. a h22 with some mild bolt ons would def be in the general area of wasting a lt1 equipped chevy. im talking intake, header full exhaust. maybe some tru time gears and underdrive pulleys. because your cars so small and light it would be one of the meaner all motor rigs on the road.

lightshow

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help