New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 04:46 AM
needshondahelp
Unregistered
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 91 honda accord lx 5 speed manual. I just put new wires distributor and cold air intake on it. I have 2 problems, the first problem is, since i have put the new cold air intake on when i just barely touch the gas it revs up to almost 3k, could it be that its taking i so much air its hold the flap on the intake open? The other problem I have is that when the car has sat and cooled off completely it will start every time, but after you drive it and get it to normal running temp. and shut it off it will not start it just spins and spins. I have noticed that when I turn the key to the on position not cranking on it the chk engine light will come on and go off after 3-5 secs. it will start, but once it gets to running temp and I shut it off and turn the key right back on to the on position not cranking it. the chk engine light will come on and stay on, that's when I know its not gonna start. I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE WHAT IT COULD BE, and the ppl that work on honda's here want $60 per hr. I just cant afford it, need to get it running bc its the best thing i have on gas especially w/ gas at 3.09 a gal. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
needshondahelp
Unregistered
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an update to my post. I found out that it was the main fuel pump relay which runs my fuel pump, ecu, injectors, and one other thing i cant remember its a 2 relays in 1 and it basically runs the whole car. one side of it wasn't working replaced it fixed all my problems. Thanks for the reply patrick!