New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hey all

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Default hey all

hello, i am new to haf forum. just scored a 94 accord lx today. i got it freee, my family owns a building in kelso washington and the last renter left his accord there. new renters were going to have it towed, so i talked to the ex rentors friend who had the key. he told me the owner said the tranny was going out and someone stole the battery, plus the poor guys ex gurlfrend broke out the rear passenger and windshield. i said what the heck, i'll take it and part it out. called my bro and told him to bring a set of jc and a tow strap. well i hooked up the jc and the thing started right up. did a quick test of the tranny and found it drivable. told my bro to follow me real close to my house (exp tags). as i drove it home (5 mi) i noticed that the auto ta doesn't want to use the 3rd gear. well i check the tranny fuilded and noticed it was over filled. also the car was low on coolent so i added more but lost it. not being able to see it leak i checked the oil, no coolent. so i found the manual in the trunk and read about the ta and it said my problem was more than likely coolent leaking into the tranny fuild inside the radiator. i'll update you tommarrow after i drain the tranny.
i was going to part out the car, but after driving it it is to sweet of an ride. just about everything on this car works(lights, ac, pw, pdl, ect) i priced out the glass and it will onlycost me about 400 installed, plus another 80 for a battery, and being a honda nut, i allready have some sweet shoes for this thing. add a body kit, system, and touch up the body and paint and not a bad ride for about a grand.
by the way, my other is a 1st gen crx si that itottally mech rebuilt last summer (i found a sweet stock jdm engine at a wrecking yard for 5 hundy so i had to make the car nice).

hey thanks for lettn me brag, i'll keep you all updated
jon

Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hey all

Welcome!

Sounds like a fun project. How you gonna get a title for it?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Default RE: hey all

the owner is going to give it to me, well we are going to get together and do affidavit of loss/ release of interest. he's a allright guy just was going to let the towing company have it. i figure whynlet them have it when all it needs is a little work to be good.