New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey there

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
85AccordHatch
Unregistered
Default Hey there

What up my name is Mike, and I will soon be the proud owner of a 1985 Accord Hatchback 5-spd 1.8L...I know what some of you may think, but it wasa steal...I will be asking all of your fellow owners for some advice, because this is my first Honda...my previous cars were a 01 Mitsubishi Galant and a 99 Mazda 626. This car only has 84,000 miles on it and is in mint condition. I'll have pics up as soon as i get the car next week.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Hey there

Jeesh talk about a good deal! What made you go from new cars, to older ones?! Anyways, welcome to HAF! Do you have any plans for modifications?

Old 01-12-2007, 05:30 PM
85AccordHatch
Unregistered

I'm just learning how to work on cars with help of many friends, but i couldn't pass up this deal to work on a Honda this young in miles...i want to do a A20 engine swap, plus whatever else I can do to make it stand out. I've always want to convert my mitsu to 5spd, but it was so expensive. This will be my project/a-b car...wifey has a rustang, and i don't like driving it because it sucks down gas...I'm on another board called 3geez cuz i'm trying to find out as much info as possible. Hopefully you guys can help me out!

Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 PM

sweet ride man.... how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I love those old cars how's the body/rust situation on that bad boy?

Old 01-13-2007, 12:15 AM
85AccordHatch
Unregistered

If you can believe it, I will be paying the price of an alternator, which is about $130. Car is in mint condition. Situation: The guy I'm buying it from doesn't want it anymore, it was his second car, he hardly drove it..my boy is getting me an alternator from his old job, and i'm trading him an viper alarm for the alternator and installation, so pretty much, the car is free. Just waiting for the title and the car is mine...[/align]

Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 85AccordHatch

If you can believe it, I will be paying the price of an alternator, which is about $130. Car is in mint condition. Situation: The guy I'm buying it from doesn't want it anymore, it was his second car, he hardly drove it..my boy is getting me an alternator from his old job, and i'm trading him an viper alarm for the alternator and installation, so pretty much, the car is free. Just waiting for the title and the car is mine...[/align]
Nice deal you got here, this makes an ideal car to make it as you want to cause no money was spent on getteing the car..Way to go!

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]