New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Default Hi!!

Hey all i just recently bought a 98 Accord coupe, 5spd and i LOVE it!! I have very little knowledge in the automotive field so thats why i decided to join and also want to tune up my car...

the car is stock besides the lights, what should i tune up first?

By the summer i want this car VERY fast and im willing to spend 2000US on my baby...

Old 01-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Default RE: Hi!!

welcome...congrad. on gettin the car...i luv that model...wish i have one too =) you can start by oil and oil filter change, dizzy cap and rotor change, spark plugs....those are the basic tunes up, timin belt and water pump change is good but depend on when was the last time it change and how long it is already....if you have money, y not go for it...it not gonna hurt, cept ur wallet hahaha...

Old 01-17-2006, 06:52 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Hi!!

hey welcome the the board! glad to have you here. well the first thing you need to do is put an intake on your car. shorty or cold air, the opinions on this board do differ, but i think we can probably all agree that a shorty is a little easier to install. youll have a mean *** intake note that is deep and really rips when you go wide, but is whisper silent when you are just cruising around. if you open it up next to someone, i dont care how loud their stereo is they have no choice but to notice you. the next step is really up to you, but i think the first step should be intake. and ****, at 30 bucks on ebay, you get alot of bang for your buck.

for number 2 though, you can go, exhaust, brakes, suspension, body kit. i personally like a well rounded car, so handling is very important to me. the suspension you have on your car right now is actually really good, ofcourse it can be improved greatly but i think the weak(er) point of your car is the brakes. you need to get a setup that wont fade out, when you are dragging it down from 110 quick. a cross drilled rotor setup with some ebc green stuff brake pads is an excellent way to accomplish this. your brakes fade because the brake pad material lets off a gas that gets in between the rotor and the pad, reducing the coefficient of friction. with a drilled setup, the holes in the rotors let that gas escape, which will stop you much faster, especially on high speed assaults.

there are plently of people on this site that know a great deal about soupin up accords and they would all be happy to help. advice can be given about anything from tires and wheels, to turbochargers and nitrous.

lightshow