New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi new member here

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:21 PM
jazmyneaccord81
Unregistered
Default Hi new member here

Hello everyone I'm the proud owner of a 1997 Accord DX. I purchased the car in March of 2002 and from the beginning never had plans to modify it. At that time I was in the Navy stationed in San Diego and it didn't take long for me to get the itch to modify my car. I started out with very simple upgrades. I changed out my front bumber with a fiberglass Blitz bumper and got rid of the factory intake in favor of a DC cold air intake. I learned fiberglass cracks quite easily and i eventually went back to a stock front end to my dismay. I thought those mods would make me satisfied but once I'd started I wanted to keep modifying. Since I didn't have alot of money to play with at the time most of my plans had to wait until years later. Recently I've done more to my car than I did the first 4 years I owned it. To satisfy my bodykit needs I bought a full Wings West body kit from a good friend who was making his accord JDM spec. The car has been repainted with 3 tones: mercedes brilliant silver, mercedes tanstiblau, and lexus '06 red. I finally did the H22a7 engine swap I'd dreamed of for years and converted the transmission to a 5 spd. I have 18" Diablo racing wheels that I'd like to replace with Grams lights in the near future and my current suspension setup includes: Tokico blue shocks, Type X adjustable springs, Tanabe super medallion exhaust, front and rear ingalls camber kits, skunk 2 rear tie bar, "no name" front and rear strut tower braces, tanabe front and rear undercarriage braces. I still need to install my Tanabe rear stabilizer bar(still looking for the EX bracket for cheap), and Energy master bushing kit. I just recently bought a Zero sports HID kit which doesn't want to work and am missing the battery adaptor for my Hyper grounding cable set. Overall I'm very happy with how my car has progressed over the years and I'm eager to learn more about other peoples accords too. Happy driving everyone!

Oh I'll try and post a few pics of my ride soon.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Hi new member here

Wow, well said my man. Welcome, I hope you can give everyone some answers on the gazzillion topics in here. Your car sounds tight too!

Old 05-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Hello New member, cant wait to see the pictures of your car, you'll have to post them in the photo gallery when you get them ready...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-22-2007, 04:00 AM
jazmyneaccord81
Unregistered

Thanks for the nice welcome guys. My digital camera just died on me so as soon as I can borrow my friends I'll post pics.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:35 PM
accord_1
Unregistered

welcome!

i'd like to see some pics!