New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi from Texas...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM
sho_shane
Unregistered
Default Hi from Texas...

Well Hi to all. My name is Shane. Im not really a Accord guy but here is the story.

I traded my B18C1 swaped 94 Civic coupe for this 95 Accord and a 95 Mitsu GST. The only reason I traded was to get ahold of the gst cus iv always wanted one. When I 1st got the accord I was just going to drive it till the gst was fixed then sell it off for really cheap ( oh the gst's motor is in the shop getting redone at no cost to me). But the more I drive the accord and see how easy I can get my wife and kids in and out of it the more I like it.

So today I get news on the gst and it looks like im going to have to wait on a title for some time. But then my friend calls me with a offer. He will pay for everything I need, motor and all to swap in a H22 in my accord if i will give him the gst. Im kinda twisted on what to do so I start looking around. And i find out the gst motors are not very stong. they dont last that long and and are not cheap to work on.

So what do your guys think I should do? I mean this accord needs everything and the gst only needs a motor that I will have soon. I can lean on the gst title to get it and temp tag it to drive it till a title comes in.

Or I can keep the accord, Find the passinger front door, rear door, and fender in a junk yard. H22 Swap, and new inter and outer tie rods, New springs, and struts. Then do all the paint work and get rid of the blown out air bags but stay in a honda?

What do yall think?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:44 PM
sho_shane
Unregistered
Default RE: Hi from Texas...

So I tried to figger out how to post pics here but it would not let me do it.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

I went ahead and fixed the pictures for you.

As far as your problem goes, I can see both sides of it. Most of my friends are into DSMs, I personally am not a fan. They are cheap and fast, but their reliability is not so much. However that accord looks like it has seen better days. I would probably just have the dsm and keep the accord as a daily, or part it out/scrap it.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:03 PM

It doesn't look so nice, will you "fix" some cosmetic problems or... or you planing run it while it goes?[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 01-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Hellonew member..Thank you for posting with us...