New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hiya fellow Honda addicts...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:43 PM
otherhonda
Unregistered
Default Hiya fellow Honda addicts...

Hi! My name is Tom and I'm a Hondaholic. [8D]

I've finally acquired one of my favorite all time cars over the weekend. It is a '90 Accord with a bunch of issues. I have very high hopes and great intentions for this car. And Yes, I do realize that the road to Hell was paved with good intentions.

A little about me and my toys...

I'm 42, been playing, wrenching, and rolling around both in and on my motorized toys since my teens. Haven't taken a car or bike to the shop for anything other than tires and inspections for well over two decades. I don't want to start now...

I have:

1982 Honda CB900F SS that I am second owner of since 1993 and 16,000 miles. It has 92,000 miles on the clock now and was completely restored at 81,500 miles. It is sorta my "show-off at special events" ride, and occasionally gets out to play at other times.

2003 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird that I bought new out of the crate in January 2005. She now has almost 22,000 miles on the clock and has been moderately customized with several small and tasteful bling items and a few performance mods. It is my daily rider/commuter when there is no snow and ice on the highways. I ride nearly year round if road conditions allow and it is above freezing most of the day.

2001 Arctic Cat 400 4X4 ATV that I work to death. Bought new in Sept. of 2000 and gets me in and out of the rather secluded place I live when the weather turns really nasty. It also mows my yard and provides much entertainment for the grandchildren.

1984 Chevy C2500 4X4 short box set up as a mountain toy. It has .030 over pistons, mild aftermarket cam, Holley carb, worked Turbo 350 trans w/shift kit and 2200 stall convertor, Rancho suspension with f/stabilizer, spring over front axle w/ Warn lockouts, 5" rear blocks and xtra spring, 4" body lift, 8000lb. Warn winch, and 35/15.50 TSL/SX Super Swampers on it now.

2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 w/5.3 liter. All stock and fairly boring other than being a great commuter truck and an AWESOME 4 wheel drive in the snow.

So....here I am. A new Accord owner with more questions than I can possibly ask at one time. My dream is a perfect running and awesome little car with about 400 horsepower and a bad attitude. [8D] All of it looking stock too....

I am a quick learner and I hope you guys can teach me something. If I can answer any bike questions, feel free to ask. That is my area of expertise and I run a small bike shop out of my garage at home. I'm always willing to help where I can.

Take care and I look forward to learning and socializing here on the board.

Tom

Old 10-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Default RE: Hiya fellow Honda addicts...

welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a nice collection... your bike sounds similar to mine.... I've go a 1981 CB650 with 700 original miles on it, 2nd owner, the first guy bought it brand new.... unfortunatley since it sat in his garage forever the carbs fouled up and my mechanic is taking his sweet time with it.... that's a long story in itslef *L*.... getting 400 hp out of that car just takes time and money and I'm sure you can do it, feel free to ask any questions you want and here's a few sites to start you out for free manuals in pdf format

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Accord/

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

admitting your addiction is the first step to solving the problem

welcome to the forum and hope you like it...

Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Welcome to HAF! For 400hp it sounds like an engine swap and turbo is in your near future!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Let's get you a Used Car License to operate here on the Forum..Welcome to the HAF were we enjoy meeting new members who Love [sm=loveeyes.gif] their Honda Cars (and bikes).

Have fun in here ..we all do!
WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-01-2006, 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: otherhonda

So....here I am. A new Accord owner with more questions than I can possibly ask at one time. My dream is a perfect running and awesome little car with about 400 horsepower and a bad attitude. [8D] All of it looking stock too....
You've got an excellent goal. That's my goal too. Turbo that honda and you'll be well on your way!