New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Honda Accord V4 EX 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Default Honda Accord V4 EX 2007

sup guys. i have been trying to get a new car and i settle for a Honda accord 2007 EX. The options that i want are Fog lights ($335), Decklid Spoiler ($335), and Metal Trim look kit for the interior ($85). The price is $24,700 out the door. Well, i live in SF so yeah. But is that a reasonable deal for this car that i want? Should i buy it on September 4 (labor day sale) or at the end of the month when the dealers need to meet their quota (when they are desperate). I want it to go down to 21G or 20G if possible. is that a little bit too much? how should i deal with them? should i just ask em and if they dont like the offer, should i just walk out??? iono...please helpp with my first car!!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Default RE: Honda Accord V4 EX 2007

Your first car... Let me run some figures real quick and I'll get back to you in just a second with more info

Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 PM

Here is MSRP Pricing. Now I'm sure you have a sales tax so that needs to be tacked on as well. I'd probably offer (if we are talking about just the base model 4cyl EX inline 4 not V4...) 20G +options (so 20,000 + 335 +335 +85 Including tax), they'll probably say no and hit you with a counter offer. If it's close to $21,000 out the door with the options you want I'd take it, chances are it won't be. After they give you a counter offer of around $23,000 (probably) which still isn't a bad deal tell them "$22,000 with the options I want, Out the door, Taxs and Fees included or I walk" He'll have to go back and ask his manager again and if it's a good day they'll just say great. Now keep in mind don't bother doing all this crap if you don't intend to buy it. If they refuse to budge on that price then just say "you've got my phone number, call me when you're serious about selling the car" and walk out, If he doesn't follow you out I'd be stunned. At this point I assume you'd be happy with the car at $24,700 so anything you can get down off that price is a bonus. That's the hardball way of handling them, no need to be rude just be set in what you want to do.

$22,550[/align][/align]EX[/align][/align] $23,350[/align][/align]SE V-6[/align][/align] $24,250[/align][/align]EX-L[/align][/align] $25,200[/align][/align]LX V-6[/align][/align] $27,400[/align][/align]EX-L V-6 6MT[/align][/align] $27,400[/align][/align]EX-L V-6[/align][/align]

Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 AM

Well today i went to and got a quote from the internet and this is what he said. tell me if this is a good price.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dong,

I thought I would also include the price of a 2007Accord EX Sedanin addition to the other two quotes below.
2007 Accord EX, Sedan, Automatic
MSRP: $24,095
Internet Quote: $19,883
Out-the-Door: $21,843.48
[/align].................................................. ..................

and I SAID.....

Sent:
To: ;SGreenberg.hondaoakland@gs.reyrey.com
Subject: RE: Accord Clearance SALE!! - 2007 Accord EX Sedan

I also wanted Fog lights, metal trim kit, and Decklid spoiler and a 2nd spare key. Would u be able to include that in the out the door price for a V4 2007 EX sedan. Would u be able to hook it up with some rims too? if possible. I'm still shopping around until school starts. I am currently looking at nissan 2008 coupe but it's pretty expensive, so i am settling for a 2007 sedan ex accord.

AND HE SAID........

Dong,

Honda has a dealer challenge going on right now, where we need to sell a certain amount of Accords by the end of the month. We are the only dealer around, as far as I know, that is on track to meet that number. That is why we can offer you this Accord EX for the low price that we are.

The EX already has Alloy Wheels and the Brushed Aluminum Interior Trim as standard equipment, so you do not need to add them. Also, the Accord comes with two Master Key along with a Valet Key, so that should be the three you need. The Fog Lights and Decklid Spoiler would be another $970 (which includes the installation) plus tax.

This price is good thru the end of the month, but if you want to get the color you prefer, you should make a decision very soon. By the way, what color do you want. Give me your 1st and 2nd choices.

so its actually $21,843 + $970.....is this a good price? if it is...do you know i can lower it anymore? being vietnamese....you know how we are...cheap!!!! lol

Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Look around for more online qoutes. From my experience they are usually cheaper than most of the dealers if you go in person. My mom got an online qoute a 03 civic LX in fall 2003 for 14k. We went to a closer honda dealer to see if they will match the price. When I first asked for the same car they said it would be 16k. I told him about the quote that I got online and the salesman went to talk to his manager. He told me that the lowest they will sell it for was 15.3k. So I told him that I would just drive another 20miles to save 1.3k and walked out. Guy didn't bother to follow me. I also called up some more honda dealers closer to my house to see if they will match the online quote or how close to it can they get. Lowest I got was 15k. So I went to the dealer that gave me the quote about a week later and they agreed to sell it for 14k but they didn't have the color my mom really wanted. The guy then told me that he can get me an 04 in the color that my mom wanted in a week or 2 when more arrive. I asked how much for an 04 and he said 14.9k. That's still $400 cheaper than the other place for an 03. I asked about their prices and why it's so much lower than other honda dealers. The manager told me that they sell a lot more cars at such a low prices and don't have to waste time bargaining with people. So yeah that dealership really surprised me with their fixed prices on cars. If your willing to drive 2-3hrs then you should check out that dealership. It's in roseville by the way. I'm not sure if I can say which dealer it is on the forum so I won't say unless and admin or mod say that I can.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I did the same thing as superballz. i went to all my local dealers (indianapolis). And when they wouldnt deal with me, I went to chicago and saved 2k. THe dealership said the same thing, they want to sell cars, and because they have so much competitionthey will deal with you. Go to a place where there are several Honda dealerships within a close vicinity (20-30 minutes). Dont let them decide what you want to pay, and also the beginning of the month is a good time to go becuase they want to start the month off good, sometimes late in the month they might have sold their quota already and dont care to sell anymore or work with you.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:05 PM
wingdr
Unregistered

I paid 23,500 for a '07 EX-L 4cyl-auto with mud flaps, and frt and rear burlwood trim (which I installed) plus tax. I also traded in an '05 Element and got what I considered a fair trade in. So, I only paid tax on about 5,500 dollars. I bought july 7 which helped being a holiday week, Since I had a trade and it was 4 weeks ago, you should do better than that, Tim

Old 08-08-2007, 05:21 PM
terrypm
Unregistered

I just did the paper work on a new 2007 EXLV6 for an out the door price of $23,300.00 including doc fee, mudguards and pin stripes.I am buying it out of state and will pay my sales tax when I register it when I title it in my home state.
I know you are not looking for a V6 but you might like it for a little more money.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

superballz00, did you buy your car in roseville, minnesota? if so you are the first minnesotan ive seen on here and i live in the woodbury/stillwater area.

also, do you guys buy your cars straight cash or finance?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Almost A Senior Member

No roseville california.

Quick Reply: Honda Accord V4 EX 2007