New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Honda Namibia

Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Namsparks
Unregistered
Default Honda Namibia

Not a new owner, yet, but trust to be soon. test-driven 2007 new Accord 2.4 manual today...6-speed gearbox a dream! Wondering how one could infuse snob value to the brand? Honda deserves to be be mentioned in the same vein as the GERMAN TRIO A,B & M ..I think the idea of individualism being linked with the brand should be further pursued to attain some form of exclusiveness ...any comments?

Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Honda Namibia

Hello Dennis and thank you for joining up with us here in the HAF, Accords , great cars and then we still have the Acura's for the Upper, Upper nose ups

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Namsparks
Unregistered

Hi and thanks! First time that I heard about Acura..not on official site of Honda South Africa. Honda was reintroduced to Namibia as part of the Pupkewitz Group..used to be marketed by Daimler Chrysler here, but that did not work. Good luck to Honda Pupkewitz Namibia and you, too!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I think Honda is getting mention in the German's when it comes on the longitivityaspectof the automobile industry. Personally I have my Honda (of course) and my wife has a '06 BMW 325i,so I am always comparing the cars. So far I think my car stands up pretty well to her's! It is getting to a point now of just personal bias of what kind of car they want to drive.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Namsparks

First time that I heard about Acura..not on official site of Honda South Africa...
Acura is just a brand name that Honda invented to sell some moreof it's cars here. For example the Acura RSX is (I think) still called the Honda Integra outside of north america.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Any Honda outside of the states is called a Honda. There is no Acura. Even some of the Honda cars have different names, just like the Accord is the Inspire. I just wonder why they had to do it that way, maybe they would be such a monopoly the government wouldn't allow that????

Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I enjoy my Honda. Prior to my M3, I had an 06 325i. I don't think there is much comparison. The Honda, while somewhat fun to drive, still has a ton of body roll and is FWD. The BMW, a sh*tload of fun to drive, gave much better overall driving feel, and was RWD. Also, longevity of the 325i is much more suspect.

That's just my opinion. I am probably wrong.

Search this Thread