New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Howdy from new member

Old 01-07-2006, 10:29 AM
rob feature
Unregistered
Default Howdy from new member

Howdy folks. I ran across this cool little site of yours browsing around for some Accord mod ideas. I'm just guessing that some of the things the (my) Accord's in for are gonna be a little unconventional and I can't wait to start reading here to see what you guys are doing to this very versatile car. As for mine, I currently use it as a truck that gets great mileage on its off-days. I have a 2000 EX V6 with almost 100K on it, which I got ahold of about a year and a half ago. This was after I had such a good experience with an '89 Civic SI that I retired (sold...still running daily) after 285,000 great miles.

Last year I got really busy and started hauling lots of stuff around and picked up some new hobbies along the way. I had to make a decision...ditch the Accord and get a truck/SUV (Blelealch!) or find some way to make the most practical/economically balanced vehicle to date a little more useable:

I catch plenty of flack from my buddies; especially the truck guys...they get a kick out of me pulling stuff...but quit laughing when we go for gas. Actualy, when I put the roof rack and trailer on, I can haul 4 folks and far more cargo than the largest SUV and still do the speed limit.

At any rate, some more mods are in the near future: stereo needs a good MB Quarting, suspension's gonna get a major overhaul and stiffening (but not lowering...trying to keep utility), motor could use something...small turbo perhaps. I've decided to keep this car for 10 years and it's gonna need some attitude to keep me from running out and buying that M Coupe I really, really need.

Anyhow, I could yack on all day, but I'll keep it short in saying that I'm looking forward to doing some reading around here.

peace and cheese
rob feature

Old 01-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Howdy from new member

put a shorty intake on that bitch. youll notice it, and youll be hard pressed to swamp it out because water would literally be mid way up your chest in the cabin before it would hydro lock.

lightshow