New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I was looking to buy a car today....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
HondaAccordRocks
Unregistered
Default I was looking to buy a car today....

So I was looking to buy a car today and I found the perfect car for me that costs $8,000 which is a gray 2003 Honda Accord until I found out it's a 5 speed, yeah I did learn how driving my brother's car which has a 5 speed and it's so annoying when my brother's car stops at a red light and when it turns green, it stops and I have to restart it and the car shakes as I go, it is very annoying so I went back to automatic and never looked back, I would have bought the car if it was automatic I just have to keep on looking! Wish me luck guys!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Default RE: I was looking to buy a car today....

manuals. U have to keep practicing. Its not like that if ur pro. If ur jus for driving then auto is for u. If ur looking for a 7th gen, 06-07 r the ones I'd pick bc they look the best plus they r the last of the 7th gens and the last is always the best bc its pretty much flawless

Old 01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
HondaAccordRocks
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

manuals. U have to keep practicing. Its not like that if ur pro. If ur jus for driving then auto is for u. If ur looking for a 7th gen, 06-07 r the ones I'd pick bc they look the best plus they r the last of the 7th gens and the last is always the best bc its pretty much flawless
06-07 is way too pricey for me to buy

Old 01-17-2008, 06:26 PM

they're worth it. I'm a proud owner of an 07. If u dont plan on keeping it long they have good resale value

Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
HondaAccordRocks
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

they're worth it. I'm a proud owner of an 07. If u dont plan on keeping it long they have good resale value
True, oh forgot to mention I did practice doing manual for a month and could never get it so I just gave up on it and went back to auto, I am guessing you have a manual car right?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 PM

nope. My car is an auto. I learned how to drive a manual months after I got this car. If i was to get a manual it would be the s2000. All-time favorite car. Well I learned how to drive a manual in my friends mustang. I dont c what the big deal is. They sound like garbage but yeah I stalled like 3 out of 6 tries getting out of 1st gear. Well it didn't go so well so i called it a nite.

I was hanging out with some friends one nite and one of them had a civic si. I asked him if he would teach me. Well I got in and oddly drove like I was made for that car. I did not stall at all. I knew how to drive a manual but not enough practice. I guess Honda mt's r ez. My next car will be no doubt an s2000. Either the last of the first gen or the one that's out when I will be deciding

Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 AM

I will never buy an automatic car for myself. Auto's are no fun at all.
Once you learn how to drive a manual it becomes second nature. Plus manual trannies are less likely to have problems than autos.
I have had my 5spd LX for over a year now and I have never once stalled it out trying to take off.
But, to each his own. If you don't feel like practicing on it, then go with an auto.
Good Luck!!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

automatics are quite boring, i would agree.

using a manual just takes a bit of practice.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Honda manuals are fairly easy to drive compared to others. Jeep manuals shift like butter. Audi/VW is like trying to put a square block into a circular hole. I hate them because they have such long clutches.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 PM

This car is my first auto, having 3 other cars before being manual..

I switched to auto cuz of mad traffic in the metro plex (I live 15mi from work and it takes me an hour to get there regardless of my route) so I figured an auto would alleviate my clutch foot from fatiguing.. While this held true, my love for control over my car has been subsided with having to learn how to drive an auto.. it's not near the same, and the auto has a mind of it's own.. I'm getting a good grasp of when/why it wants to shift, but it's kind of arbitrary in it's modes...

anyway, as they've said, it becomes second nature and it's like nothing...