New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I love my honda.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:14 PM
spraygod
Unregistered
Default I love my honda.

hey guys.i tell people the story about my car and most either don't believe it or don't appreciate it. i bought my first car when i was 10 years old. i bought it for $150 at a garage sale. my 1983 baby blue honda accord lxhatch- 5 speed. i was interested in cars very young (grandpa lived next door and he has been a "master mechanic" since he could walk. lol) i walked up to the owners with birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and asked how much they wanted for the car... this is after i walked about 5 miles from my house while my parents were at work. heh. like they weren't gonna notice the car in the driveway. most kids bring home dogs... i bring home a gem of a car. anyway. the owners tell methat it doesn't run and i still stand there with my hand out anxious to get the keys. i walked to the car. turned the key and nothin. i asked to borrow their jumpbox to get some power and nothing. no lights. nothing. ijiggled the ignitionwires for about 5 and got the damn thing started. pulled up to the front porch and they reluctantly accepted the $150 and i drove it home. i had a new,bigger go-cart for the farm!i'll be 21 in august. the car had 101,400 miles on it when i bought it. 11 years later, i still have it. it still passes emmisions and i use it as a daily driver because im still getting almost 30 mpg. i replaced the clutch 2 years ago and i've done nothing more than basic maintenance and change the tires and now my little cockroach has over 286,000 miles on her an has seen more air than a skateboard at the x-games. i love my little honda. go buy an '83 its the only way to understand.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Administrator
Default RE: I love my honda.

Good story, I enjoyed it..

Thanks for putting it here in the forums...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-21-2008, 12:19 AM

my acclude, car itself has 238K on it.... moter is unknown as it came from an auto salvage yard (red top H22A)

car is still solid as hell, i paid 400 bucks for the H22A, Denton Import Auto Salvage, me and some friends swapped it ourselves....

car is still pretty much pristine..... i've got two big scratches, one on each side....one caused by me back out a skinny driveway and running it across a pole at the entranceway, the other appeared when we were in wal-mart, someone raked there car against it backing up wrong (i assume a new driver) they'll both buff out with a nice claybar/wax job....

pic: it's a little old, car now has drag radials and steelies on front, and a 2.5" test pipe, mufler is gone.... all you see from behind is a turn down pipe, im gonna throw a couple dual tip mufflers on it eventually though...the no mufflers is a little loud especially from 5000rpm - 7500rpm

Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 AM

Welcome to the site. That is one heck of a story.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:36 PM
spraygod
Unregistered

thats a pretty nice ride man... maybe one of thes days i'll upgrade.