New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I'm back...

Old 11-19-2005, 06:05 PM
ItsaHonda
Unregistered
Default I'm back...

Some of you may remember me from a while back, I had a 1996 Honda Accord. I loved it, but I couldn't help but give in to the improvements that have been made in the last 10 years! I sold my 96 to a good home (friends of the family) and brought home a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L w/ the 4-cyl (It is my belief/opinion that the 4-cylinders are Honda's best engines) My 96 gave me 167,000 miles of problem/worry-free driving and was still running like new when I sold it. The new K-series in this new Accord is even better in terms of performance and refinement. In fact, it is the smoothest and quietest 4-cylinder I've ever driven. Acceleration is good too, it feels like a small V6. I see no reason why the new Accord shouldn't prove to be as reliable/durable/long lasting as my old Accord was.

Biggest improvement has been the interior. Where my 96 felt like the economical family car that it was (which wasn't necessarily a bad thing) this new Accord feels like a higher end luxury car that costs thousands more than what I paid for the car. Good quality materials for the class, beautiful fit and finish and one of the best dash designs in this class as well. Overall, the new Accord feels much more solid and refined than the old one. Gone, however, is the sporty feel. Although the Accord is still probably one of the sportiest sedans in it's class, it's still not quite as tight, nimble and low to the ground as my 96 was...which felt like a 4-door Prelude.

In any case, the 2006 is a very nice upgrade from my 96, and I can't think of any other car for the price that I'd really enjoy more. I do drive a lot (average 30,000 miles every year) mostly highway, so I'm truting that the car holds up as well as my 96 did, because I'd really like to hang on to this one for a long time.

Glad to be back, and look forward to joining into the discussions again!

Old 11-26-2005, 05:38 AM
Administrator
Default RE: I'm back...

Welcome back again to the forums, wev'e grown quite a bit as you can see...

WheelBrokerAng