New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

im new times 2

Old 05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Default im new times 2

Hi im new hear. my second post cause the other one got locked (my b). Im kinda new to the whole fourms thing so if you could bare with me that would be great. I have a 2001 honda accord EX V6 and im only a soph. in high school. money for me is kinda tight right now and i was wondering if any 1 has suggest to like make my car a little faster and handle better with little money. also i bet you all hear what i just said alot but mind you im in highschool and my school gets mad at you if you have your car really modded so an ideas. right now its 100% stock. its getting a all black paint job soon but hope you can help me. Also i think kids at my school might scratch, dent, mess with my car any ideas?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: im new times 2

Dont make your car a target if you're worried about people f'in with it. Stick to the performance mods and keep the outside looking stock.

Also, park the car in end spaces, edging toward the hashed area / curb, giving you a little more space between your ride and others who may not be as considerate.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:49 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Why does your school not like modded cars?
I had the same problem with a bunch of stupid kids @ my school who thought it was stupid to mod an Accord. So I installed the Viper 350HV alarm and threatened to call the cops no questions asked if anything happened again. They blew up an ice bomb behind my car, and covered my car w/ condoms filled w/ water before the alarm. So that about sent me over the edge.

As for dents, basically there is no way to avoid them. Take it from me, I ALWAYS park way out from people, and no matter how many empty spots there are, some moron will always park next to you. Then you have to relaize there are stupid people who could care less about cars, much less anyones elses and let the wind catch the door and slam it into your car. I got hit by a kid, $6k in damages, the passenger side looked amazing after it got fixed, and now two years later there are about 5 door dents. WTF, right? Sure I get really mad...but I cant do anything about it. Sadly there will always be "Those" people who either dont care or simply dont have the common sense that their door may hit your car.
At my school, I parked between two friends who know I love my car so im between them and I trust that they wont hit it, and like Smaglik said, park @ the end as far over as you can. Hope that helped?

So how much will your paint job be? I want one as well but they are all to pricey. Oh and welcome to the forum!!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:05 PM

Ya man that helped. A few of my buddies love my car so i can park between them. Also the paint will bv i think 500 and change. Preformance wise anyideas. i no its limitless but i ned most bang for my buck hear and not rocket sciene. also i have been looking at a body mod that i might put on but like i said i dont want kids messing with it. also a few years back a kid modded his car and died like a few miles from the school raceing a kid like after school 1 day. so ya thats y. but anyways thanks for the info.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Np!
Good choice on parking between them. If you get a body kit, you should do it before you paint it. That way it wont have to be matched and all that. $500 eh? Make sure its not one of those cheap paint jobs that lasts for 6 months. Why they even have those, I have no idea.
Performance wise, the most basic/usual is Intake, Headers, and a cat back exhaust. You have a v6 so you'll notice bigger gains than a 4cyl like mine. If you want cheap heres what I would recomend.
Intake:
Generic intake off eBay $40 replace with a AEM DryFlow filter $45
Headers:
OBX $240ish make sure to tighten the bolts once a week for the first couple of months, or replace with better gaskets before installing but do the same
Exhaust:
$200-$500 Its up to how much you want to spend, quality, and sound.

Basically eBay is your best friend. But be smart, and dont get scammed and always make sure it specifically fits your car. I have bought everything for my car off eBay w/o any problems.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 PM

man thanks for pointing me in the right derection and stuff. I think on exhaust i might just put on tips. but besides that i think i should be all set thanks

Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Glad to help. Let us know what all you have planned or buy or w/e! You can also create a gallery for your Accord as many have done on here.

Let us know if you need any more help.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:45 PM

thanks man im not really shure of what im getting cause moneys is tight but when i get the parts ill post.