New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I'm a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:55 PM
laylowjoe83
Unregistered
Default I'm a newbie

Hey guys, I'm Joe and I am a newbie to this forum. I have a 96 Accord DX and I am just looking for ideas as far as performance goes.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Default RE: I'm a newbie

umm u could try an Air Intake sytem, those arent to pricey
if u really wanna add power, even though this is dangerous a racing chip always helps, i have a Magnum 400, and trust me my car goes pretty fast now

Old 10-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

h22/23 swap

Old 10-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Hi joey...
Welcome to the forums where you can find an answer from everywhere...about anything!
1st thing you need to do is sit down and figure how much money$$ you have as desposable income and then how much of it you can afford to lose...I say Lose because you will never see it again.
Then and only then can you say what should I buy to make my car faster..Try it now!

WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey Joey! Welcome to the forum! Is yours the 6cyl, or 4cyl? It basically depends how much performance you want....
Non-Turbo:
Plugs
Wires
Headers
sri or cold air intake
new pulleys
cam
cat back exhaust
etc...

Or you can turbo your stock engine to about 8psi on stock internals as other people have mentioned on the site, or like YeuEmMaiMai suggested, do an engine swap. Either way, many people will help you on here!

Old 10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
laylowjoe83
Unregistered

I have the 2.2L 4 cylinder non V-tec 4 Door. I think actually first I am going to start by making it look nice and then do the whole performance thing, because what I am wanting to do is the H22 swap and then get all the performance parts for that. Otherwise I would be wasting my money buying parts for the F22 or do the majority of those parts swap interchangeably to the H22? Anyway, I know what Bodykit I want I am just having a hard time trying to find it. Its the Wings West Touring kit. Any help on that one? I have tried the Wings West site, but all they can do is give me a dealer (which has been no help) within so many miles of where I live and I havent been able to find it elsewhere. I dont want an aggressive body kit, just a sporty one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:34 AM

ARE YOU GOING FOR CLEAN OR FLASHY?

Old 10-18-2006, 10:51 AM
laylowjoe83
Unregistered

more clean and sporty rather than flashy and aggressive.

this is the kit I am wanting....

http://wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=320

Old 10-19-2006, 07:56 AM

so are you trying to make it into a "all show no go" car first? and that kit would look good on your car. please post some pictures when you are done i would love to see how it looks after.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Administrator

That will look really sweat , that kit is really nice, i have seen them a a couple of shows this year and when put on by someone who knows what there doing is sharpe...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
ORIGINAL: laylowjoe83

more clean and sporty rather than flashy and aggressive.

this is the kit I am wanting....

http://wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=320

Quick Reply: I'm a newbie