New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

From Jeep to Accord..

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Default From Jeep to Accord..

I have always been an offroad vehicle kind of guy but I have just recently (yesterday) bought a 2010 Accord EX. I traded in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler (tearfully) to make the change, and I have to say I love the Accord. The smooth ride and great gas mileage is worth every bit of not being able to pop a curb or median when need be. I am still all about making modifications to my vehicle though so now I am off to explore the forum.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF......nice looking Accord

Old 10-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BsBillings
I have always been an offroad vehicle kind of guy but I have just recently (yesterday) bought a 2010 Accord EX. I traded in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler (tearfully) to make the change, and I have to say I love the Accord. The smooth ride and great gas mileage is worth every bit of not being able to pop a curb or median when need be. I am still all about making modifications to my vehicle though so now I am off to explore the forum.
Congratulations; I love black cars, they look great. How many miles on the car? Which engine and transmission?

General question to the forum (not targeted at you): Why do so many folks feel the urge to modify their newly purchased cars the instant they pull it into the garage for the first time?

[soapbox]
For a car meant to be used as a daily driver, the only "mods" beyond how it was built at the factory that make any sense (IMHO), are window tint for warm areas of the country, better wheels and tires, and maybe some driving lessons on a track for the driver. Beyond that, there really isn't anything which can be done to significantly improve what was designed in by the manufacturer unless the owner is into spending big bucks for a turbo treatment or something.
[/soapbox]

Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Hello New Member and Thak You for joining the HAF..

WheelBrokerAng