New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just introducing...

Old 03-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Default Just introducing...

I finally bought a Honda and I've never been more pleased.
My car:
2001 Accord EX
2.3L ULEV-VTEC
5-Speed Manual Transmission
Bomz SRI

This is the first car I've had that I can do any kind of performance mods too, so I'm excited. I just put the SRI in last week and it sounds great. I'm sure I'll ask more than one stupid question on here, so bear with me.

Thanks, Paul

Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Default RE: Just introducing...

welcome to the forum! be sure to add your car's make/model/year/tranny/engine information into your signature (edit it using the my profile link above) so you get some good quick answers to your questions!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:16 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:19 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Welcome to the forum! With that intake you may want to upgrade your filter. I would, but thats me, I dont trust eBay cheap ones.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Hello New Member and [sm=welcomesign.gif]to the HAF...and by the way No Questions are really Stupid, just sometimes un-necessary when there already in the search area of the forums..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Welcome to the forum! With that intake you may want to upgrade your filter. I would, but thats me, I dont trust eBay cheap ones.
I do plan on upgrading to the DryFlow as soon as I can, seeing as how that seems to be the SRI filter of choice. Nevertheless, the SRI is nice. Adds a nice little kick.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:53 PM

After installing your intake did you get a check engine light? I got one and the directions said to disconect the batt cable to reset. then a few days later it came back on.If you could help that would b great thanks.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: hondaaccordx21

After installing your intake did you get a check engine light? I got one and the directions said to disconect the batt cable to reset. then a few days later it came back on.If you could help that would b great thanks.
The only time i got an engine light was when i forgot to hook up the sensor behind the intake, but after plugging it back in, it reset after 3 or 4 starts.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: hondaaccordx21

You need to reset your ECU.

To do this:
Disconnect negative battery cable
Open all doors
Let sit for a minimum of 10 minutes
Shut doors
Reconnect negative batt. cable
Start Car
Let it idle for 7-10 minutes WITHOUT touching the gas or moving the car @ all. This is its 'learning' period. After 10 minutes take a drive like you normally would and there you have it!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Administrator

Im going to take it for granted that this really works, if it does GREAT...anyone else ever do it this way? Desert or Sir_Nasty ?

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just introducing...