New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Legend of "The Wag"

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Post Legend of "The Wag"

I'll cut to the chase. I have a midnight blue '94 accord... wagon. And I love it! I don't know how many other owner's it's had before me. I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to the list of things wrong with it. I don't know how it's still running with 348,000 miles on the original powertrain and suspension. I don't know how to change my rear brake shoes. I don't know why my gas tank is leaking...

I do know, however, that I love this car. I know that my friends love this car, and it has been dubbed "the Wag". Many fun and interesting memories have been made in part with the Wag's help. I know what crazy, outlandish plans I have for it. I know it's a beater.

And I know it has tons of potential.

I was curious one day. I looked up different models of the accord. I've become obsessed with all things accord wagon (although, I'm really biased towards the 5th gen version... I wonder why... haha). I've always been curious what it would take to convert my car to RWD (seeing as I'm also obsessed with all things drift-related). I always thought it's be some crazy chop job involving an F22 (or possibly an H22a) and some weird, custom driveshaft/differential setup.

I recently came across some information that could change the severe outlandishness of my dream. Apparently, one model of the 6th gen JDM wagon was SiR... and rolled off the line as an AWD accord. Seeing as my fifth gen has the same wheelbase as a 6th gen, I wondered if the chassis setup was anything alike. If so, I wondered how impossible it would be to do an H23 or H23a swap, and hook up the AWD drivetrain... and after doing so, possibly disable the front drive mechanisms... making the first (to my knowledge) AWD or maybe even RWD, 5th gen wagon... set up and built for drifting or rally. Call me crazy. Call me stupid. But if I was actually able to accomplish a project as insane as this, it'd probably be one of the coolest things in the sport compact scene. That's just my opinion...

What do you guys think?

Old 11-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Supper Moderator

welcome enjoy your stay. Anything can be done with the right amount of money...expect to spend 25k plus and chopping the crap out of your car to get this done. Really not worth it IMO

Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Hi New Member:
Go for whatever you feel like doing. I like your story and I wish you good building if that's what you should decide to do.