New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

A little about myself

Old 07-05-2008, 01:02 AM
dksix
Unregistered
Default A little about myself

ABOUT THE CAR ,
In a trade , in January of this year , I got a 91 Accord lx . It's a coupe , auto , F22A1 with 190,000 miles . The clear coat was gone on the flat's and going on thesides . It had had front end damage and new parts put in place , the damage was from a sign that was in the wrong place at the wrong time . New windsheild , head lights a grill and a mis matched white hood ( the car is blue ) . And many other small things needed some TLC . I had NO money in the car the way I traded and thought I would be something cheap to drive to work . After I had driven the car for 4 months it had used no oil , no leaks , no funny noises and it was fun to drive and cheap to operate . I admit after driving a 3 series for the last five years , the FWD auto took some getting used to ( the 3 was RWD 5 SPD ) , but the old car grew on me . It has now earned my respeact and I would like to bring the car up to keeper status .
ABOUT ME ,
I'm 38 , I live at the edge Appalachian Mountains/national forest in Tennessee . I don't know much about Honda's or FWD's , as this is the first of either and this will be the most I've worked on an auto since the early 90's . I'm a thremoforming dept mang. , but it's a hands on shop and I work on manufacturing eqt. daily . I have an extinctive back ground in hydraulics/pneumatics ,vacuum and high pressure systems , machine shop ,electricity and electronics . I also am a hobby machinest/gunsmith and have a modest machine shop here at my home . I worked at a stereo/tint shop , as a second job , from 95 to 03 as an installer . Most of my work was straight audio work , with some Video and remote starter/alarms maybe 15% of the time . I want to give a good idea and who I am and what work I'm capable of doing . I might ask some very simple questions , but that doesn't have to mean I'm in over my head ( though I maybe) . A buddy of mine sort of got me interested in honda's , he works on allot of civics and is always doing swaps and turbo's ect for other people . In the course of his work he has needed me to make parts and do general machine shop for him from time to . I like seeing my work when it's doing his job and more and more I was around some pretty tricked out civics . And now , with a cheap starter accord I think I'll try to create my own version of a good FWD performance coupe .
The Plan ,
To take care of the small things as I find parts cheap . Return the things that I think with suit my driving style to OEM new condition ( A/C , front brakes , interior , shocks/struts and stearing ) . The up grades I plan : sway bars , 'poly bushings , strut braces , rear disk , exhaust , turbo and engine management system . Last but not least , I plan on doing this on a modest buget . I also had my buddy planned to help me with the systems that I was new to , but his new girlfriend has him locked down . I will need help with how things work , what works with what and what won't work at all . This site seems to have both honda tech's and home tuners alike and I hope learn , help and have fun with with this project .
I listen to all opions , think about most and even agree with some and always tell the truth . So , if you don't really want to know what I think , don't ask . Don't you just hate it when people get mad cause you told them the truth ? Thanks for taking the time to read about me , six .

Old 07-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Default RE: A little about myself

Welcome, thanks for joining. What town are you from? I live in Knoxville.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:28 PM
dksix
Unregistered

I live between Erwin and Greeneville a few miles off the 107 highway . I'm in K-ville from time to time for the gun shows (I-75 convention center and the Jacop building ) , but mostly I spent my free time at home working in the shop . I admit , I'm a tinker-er with mild OCD (lol) and my current project (whatever it may be at the time ) can take a U-turn at anytime . AND , I noramlly lose interest in a project the moment it no longer needs work , basicly when it's finished it for sale to fund the next big idea .

Old 07-05-2008, 04:24 PM

my dad use to go to alot of those shows, he's been a sporting goods dealer for 15 years.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forums New Member...I think your gonna like it here...

WheelBrokerAng