New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

looking at 2016 Accord EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:40 AM
Default looking at 2016 Accord EX-L

looking at a new EX-L saturday, dealer has 4 that are two door, says he cant get rid of them, everybody wants four door. says he will make a me a smoking deal. thoughts on two door verses four door. also the dealer ofcourse offers a trim package, the one that protects the door edge and truck when its open, cant those items be found aftermarket and cheaper than the dealer.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:28 AM

Welcome to the forum, Hotrod351

The EX-L is a top of the line trim level and includes most of the 'bells & whistles'. While true, many buyers want the convenience of a sedan (4 doors), a lot of consumers, especially the younger crew, consider the coupe (2 doors) to be a bit more sporty. It's too early in the (2016) market year for a dealership to declare that 'nobody wants a 2 door'.... sounds like nothing more than a sales pitch. Are you sure they're not speaking of some new 2015 models?

The bottom line is.... it's your money, select the vehicle that pleases you the most

Yes, door trim and many other items for your Accord can be purchased after-market... If your dealerships really wants to make the sale, they can add such items to your car at no additional cost to you... use this as part of sale's negotiation

Old 11-20-2015, 09:22 PM

I would take it as a sales pitch too. Personally i prefer the generation before look on these coupes. Only thing i like on the new gens is the headlights really. Goodluck on your search.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:46 PM

We have a 2012 EX-L coupe and love it. Sporty, well-equipped, and drives real nice. And still has a big trunk, too.

That said, sounds like the dealer is making a sales pitch. Hondas sell good in all styles, at least around here. Watch the extras, the dealers make a lot of money selling such things.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Smile

Originally Posted by Prospector
Welcome to the forum, Hotrod351

The EX-L is a top of the line trim level and includes most of the 'bells & whistles'. While true, many buyers want the convenience of a sedan (4 doors), a lot of consumers, especially the younger crew, consider the coupe (2 doors) to be a bit more sporty. It's too early in the (2016) market year for a dealership to declare that 'nobody wants a 2 door'.... sounds like nothing more than a sales pitch. Are you sure they're not speaking of some new 2015 models?

The bottom line is.... it's your money, select the vehicle that pleases you the most

Yes, door trim and many other items for your Accord can be purchased after-market... If your dealerships really wants to make the sale, they can add such items to your car at no additional cost to you... use this as part of sale's negotiation
I couldn't agree more - and if he is so adamant on giving you such a great deal on the two door, go ahead and see what he offers then tell him you want it in the 4 door (assuming that is your preference).

I have had great success with trucar.com; you should go in with at least a trucar price as a starting point. Do your homework and see what other Honda incentives are available. Lastly, unless you are paying cash, which does not make any sense since TVM is greater than 0% financing, for example, always get Honda Finance, They are the best.

Last edited by tonyzee57; 11-22-2015 at 06:10 PM.