New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Looking to lease Accord LX

Old 02-20-2006, 01:15 PM
bilc
Unregistered
Default Looking to lease Accord LX

Currently have 2004 Saturn Ion-2. Doing research here into possibley leasing new 2006 Accord LX or LX-SE.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Looking to lease Accord LX

Leasing an LX???????? W the hell? im gonna have to give that a dee minus

Old 02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
bilc
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: lightshow

Leasing an LX???????? W the hell? im gonna have to give that a dee minus
care to elaborate!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 02-20-2006, 04:28 PM

be happy to....first off you never lease a car unless your a yuppy doctor or something or you have a golddigging wife that needs a new car every two years.

and then.....you never get a LX......all leather moonroof v6 premium wheels premium system navigation EX tell em youll give em 22000 cash get financing at your bank for 5 percent or less pay 2200 or less down and have your payment be about 260 a month and own that XXX.. what are you thinking? you have to give the car BACK at the end of the lease and they dont give you any money....hell they are prolly going to charge you more money cause you went over the allowable miles, and you cant make any modifications on it either unless you want to change it all back when your done with it. a properly maintained honda will last you a lifetime and probably a half million miles get a damn chevy malibu or something if your gonna lease for 2 or three years. jeesh

Old 02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
bilc
Unregistered

I've always purchased my cars and ran them till they died, usually 10 to 12+ years.

I kind of like the idea now of getting a new one every 3 years, I guess i get bored now more easily.

I used to change stuff out on my car, but then again, guess I've mellowed. I think I'll be content leaving the car the way the Honda gods intended.

As far as payment, The LX-SE I'm looking at is about $265 on a lease with no money down, its about $410/month to purchase 60 months with no money down. At $150/1000 miles I might be over, I think I'll still make out at the end of the lease.

But, I feel a little hesitation on your part to tell me how you really feel?!?!!?!? Don't hold back, we're all friends here....

Old 02-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Hi Bilic, Welcome to the forum from all of us members...WELCOME

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 02-22-2006, 07:53 AM

lol yea i really dont like the idea of leasing im generally more mellow. at least own it when your done paying for it even though it has lost a serious amount of its value, and youll like an ex way better anyway. i mean your new car isnt going to depreciate 10000 dollars over 3 years, thats alot of money to just give someone to borrow their car. and hopefully your fico score is at least a 750 to get that deal that you were talking about.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:06 PM
bilc
Unregistered

They actually did the lease deal better than I went in for. Yeah, I used to only think yuppies leased their cars, I guess maybe that makes me a yuppy now, UGH. Oh well, so far, really loving the car. Picked it up last Saturday, only have about 300 miles on it so far.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:00 PM

Lease vs. Buy... Nice tax write off if you own a business.... Leasing isn't that bad of an idea if you plan on getting a different car every 3 years... If you purchase a new car it's going to take a while before your payments catch up with the value of the car... For example, you purchase a $25,000 vehicle at 9% intrest you'll end up paying $31137.00 on the loan. Or $6137.00 beyond the purchase amount... Now here I don't know how your bank would do it but basically you're only paying 1-2 hundred on your principle amount for the first few years. So let's go high. $150.00 towards principle for 3 years means that you pay off $5400.00 of your loan (yeah that's high...) but your car is going to depreciate. (2006 Accord Sdn MT MSRP 23,250 NADA price, Average trade in is $17,150 for a 2003 Accord...). So basically if you buy a new car and keep it for 3 years you may be able to get out of it for what you paid for it... so you've gained nothing and lost nothing... same as leasing if you're lucky... if you keep it less than 2 years you're probably going to have more left on your loan than the car is worth... Long and short of it all: If you buy new and only keep it for 3 years you're in the same "boat" as if you'd leased for 3 years...

Old 03-09-2006, 03:17 PM
bilc
Unregistered

For basically no money down it was either

$390/month for 60 month loan.
or
$272/month for 36 month lease (15,000 mile per year).

That is a huge difference in monthly cash flow!!!
The buyout at the end is for $13,000, which is still a good deal if I decide to keep it, as the value on a 3 year old, 45,000 miles Accord similar equipped is over $16,000.

So, there you have it, the above numbers is what I based my leasing decision on. Plus I seem to get bored with my vehicles more now-a-days, so I'm sure I'll be ready for something else at the end of the lease.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to lease Accord LX