New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My first import

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Default My first import

Hey guys, just posting to introduce myself. I just bought a 2001 Accord EX with the 3.0 Vtec. It is an amazing car with only 22,000 miles on it; almost too good to be true, but it drives like a dream. My last car was a 87 Camaro IROC-Z28, the V8 just took too much gas. I always remember making fun of the imports, especially hondas, but upon driving this one, I realize that it could probably keep up with the camaro. I was surprised at how quick it was despite the fact that it was a sedan.

I am hereby making a formal apology to all the honda owners that I have talked crap about, it is an amazing car and it can hold its own.

As I post on this site, I keep in mind that this is my first import, I have always owned domestic vehicles primarily from GM and this is a new experience for me, one that I am in love with right now.

Thanks again.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Default RE: My first import

thats what everyone says when the get into a Honda. I accept you appologie, as im sure everyone else here will . Although i will not appologize for talking smack about domestics, and i will continue to do so. Enjoy your stay and post some pics up. Also, got any plans for the car? or just gonna keep it stock for now?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM

No plans as of yet, I would love to eventually go with a turbo or super setup, I noticed that they don't make very many kits for the V6... but that's in the future when I am not paying for school Are there any free mods that can be done to this car like cutting out the air box or anything like that? I know that most cars out there have them, they just differ from car to car.

I'll try to post some pictures later today.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. and congratulations on switching sides.

and thank you for spelling vtec right, most noobs cant quite understand the concept that there is no h on the end.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Well, an 87 Accord wasnt that fast and it was smaller too. So you have to compare the new Accord with a new Camaro. Wait, they DONT MAKE CAMAROS ANY MORE. HAHAHAHAHA....

(sorry, I just couldnt resist)

Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Yeah, I try not to **** off my new friends by spelling it wrong
They did make a Camaro in 01 though so I think that since mine has the best engine package (that I am aware of) the 3.0 Vtec, you have to compare it to the best package offered on the Camarothe LS1... so yeah... I think the Camaro has it beat. But if you do compare the luxury features, mpg, and such, I think the accord has it beat.

And remember, while I am now the proud owner of a Honda, I still have the Camaro in my driveway. I can't just kick domestics yet, give it some time...

Old 06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Italian Retard Out Crusing? LOL, jk. The IROC V8 was my first fully rebuilt car engine. That thing is bad @$$ when it's bored and stroked with forged internals and a 150 wet shot!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 01:33 PM

hmmm, based on those stats I would say you were putting out between 375-425hp with the juice?

Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 PM

Welcome to the site and we will forgive you since you have come to see the light.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forums where we all enjoy talking up the car business...

WheelBrokerAng

Quick Reply: My first import