New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My new 2013 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Default My new 2013 Accord

Hi all! Just bought my beautiful new 2013 Honda Accord here in Wesley Chapel, Florida. I love him! Named him Jack because the front end looks like Jack Nicholson.

The dealership here is great. I bought the burgundy color with the ivory interior. There is so much techology on this vehcile, I keep discovering new things every day.

Took me three months of test driving to finally decide on the Accord. Of course, they were the last dealership I visited.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Good luck with your new Accord, typically cars are considered to be girls.

Is it a CVT? I have seen many post on other sites that have been having problems with them (noise/sloppy). Still cannot get a 6mt and neither Honda or their dealerships know when they will become available.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM

Yep, my last car was a girl...Ruby. Maybe I should call it Jackie?

I really love the CVT. It's very smooth but I keep anticipating hearing a shift noise/feel. Just have to get use to it. I did notice when the car is cold, it seems a little sluggish when you first hit the gas. Otherwise, it's fine after a few minutes. As far as noise, it's super quiet inside. I guess the noise cancelling feature works well. I did notice at the dealership a "sewing machine" sound from the engine in idle. But you don't hear it when you're inside the car.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Talking Hello HAGirl

Welcome to the HAF...

Good place to chat and meet good people..we have quite a few gals in the forums , so seek them out and join up with them as well if you wish.

Thanks you for joining with us..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Welcome

Do you have any pics of your new love?
I'm very curious.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM

That sewing machine noise is normal. it is the direct port fuel injectors making that noise. I took some hands on training on the new Accord where I work and that was one of the first things we learned. I recently bought a 2013 Accord myself and absolutely love it! I hope you get many fun and enjoyable years out of it.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Administrator
Talking Good Post With Answer...

Originally Posted by cg870
That sewing machine noise is normal. it is the direct port fuel injectors making that noise. I took some hands on training on the new Accord where I work and that was one of the first things we learned. I recently bought a 2013 Accord myself and absolutely love it! I hope you get many fun and enjoyable years out of it.
Thank you for helping this member out..good post and it sounds like a solid answer to the question.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I keep forgetting about pictures. I'll take some this weekend and post them. Had the windows tinted couple of days ago. Got in the car and it didn't recognize my telephone. Tried everything and had to go through the whole process again. Talked to my sister and she said when they tinted her windows, they turned off the electric. Must have reset some things. Works okay now!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Administrator
Talking One Thing More

Originally Posted by HAgirl
Thanks for the info guys. I keep forgetting about pictures. I'll take some this weekend and post them. Had the windows tinted couple of days ago. Got in the car and it didn't recognize my telephone. Tried everything and had to go through the whole process again. Talked to my sister and she said when they tinted her windows, they turned off the electric. Must have reset some things. Works okay now!
When you get those pictures, open up a garage page from the top and put them in there for all to see.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails My new 2013 Accord-348682-w170.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 02:18 PM

Post pics of the new baby under the garage area. Take a look!

Quick Reply: My new 2013 Accord