New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Accord Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Default New Accord Owner

Hi All

I'm in the process of obtaining a 2005 Honda Accord EXL 2.4L.

Although I'm not a big Honda fan, and I'm not all that familiar with Hondas at all, this car seems to suit me best.

I currently drive a 92 Honda Civic hatchback, I inherited it from my sister who moved out and gave up driving. I have to say that the cars reliablity is what surprised me the most. This Civic was bought of a guy who gutted the car to put in some stupid sound system, the car was broken into more then once (once while my sister was the driver), the list of problems it has is very long, BUT, despite of all that, it always starts, and it always gets me where I want to go, which in a car is the most important thing to me.

I started fixing cars on my own back in 2002 and found it a fascinating hobby. I restored a now 24 year old mercedes which was my first car that I bought just to have something cheap to drive, this car as well surpassed all my expectations, and I refuse to part with it, however, due to its age, I use it around the city only. On this car I have rebuilt just about everything, engine, transmission, suspension, steering, electronic components, the car starts and runs like new, and I don't have the heart to get rid of it.

Aside from that I fixed just about any car my family had in its posession, chryslers, fords, pontiacs, nissans, as well as motorcycles, atvs, and anything else with an internal combustion engine.

After I put all my experiance into one bin, I decided that I like having a car, just for a car, not a toy, hence I arrived at the conclusion of a fairly new, Honda Accord.

Currently my Accord is sitting at a dealers lot who screwed up the initial inspection of the car, which I bought with the CEL light on. Because of this, I am considering returning the car and looking at a different one, same model, unless Honda agrees to cover the repair costs of everything they missed in their inspection.

The car suffers from hesitation on hard acceleration, and this was discovered on the way back from the inspection at the honda dealer. I will post my technical question in the tech forum, but unless honda pays up for their mistakes, this car will be going back to the seller it came from, which is also Honda

In either case, I wanted to know some first impressions of the car, I only test drove it briefly, and hadn't had a chance to play with all the controls in it. I already know it is a great car, but if anyone cares to post their point of view on it, I'd love to hear it, not that it will change my mind

Cheers!

xp190

Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Welcome!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up Hello New Member

1st off Welcome to the forums...

I will let someone who has your model answer for the forums..Make the Dealer fix the problem is my answer to your problem...

WheelBrokerAng
Time For Breakfeast now!

Attached Thumbnails New Accord Owner-toddle_hse_hamcheese_oml.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Hi Guys

Slight correction, instead of a silver accord I got a black one.
It turned out the silver one was a lemon, so I canceled the deal and got a different one, picked it up yesterday.

Beautiful car

xp

Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 PM

XP,

Hey, welcome, man. I'm new as well, and I also recently bought an Accord. I bought a four door, 4 cyl, 2006 Honda Accord SE in a graphite gray color. Nice car, to say the least.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Administrator
Smile Hello New Member Honda Aficionado...

A welcome to you as a new member also...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I'm very happy with this car so far, although I'm still adjusting to its size after driving a hatchback civic.

Very well thought of design, and extremely comfortable to drive.

All of my friends that got a ride in it were really impressed too, even a buddy who just bought a brand new Nissan Versa.

I'll have to pick up some touch up paint for it and find a security code for the radio, other then that, it looks like I'll be just enjoying the ride

xp

Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

they didnt fix the radio for you?

Old 04-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Nope, I was told that I need to get in touch with the dealer who originally sold the car. I got the code from them but they also told me any honda dealer can get me the code in Canada.

Radio works fine now