New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Accord V6/Navi

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Default New Accord V6/Navi

Picking up new '08 Accord V6/Navi 4dr. tomorrow.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Default RE: New Accord V6/Navi

nice
welcome man

Old 03-05-2008, 07:51 PM
cznite
Unregistered

I am happy for you. I got my Lt. Silver 2008 Accord V6-L with NAV two weeks ago. I am an tech person but was overwelmed with the Navigation at first. Use the voice commands as it is the painless and the way the system was designed.

This bigger than I expected Accord is much larger than my 98 Accord. Picking it up late in the day as it was getting dark didn't help either. This car is more spacious that it looks.

Garage wise the 2008Accord a tighter fit than expected. I got a Laser guided parking aid which is motion activated that attaches to the garage ceiling where I have a power plug. I got the two beam unit for 29.99. I highly recommend this as it really helps. I have one red dot which travels down the hood as I approach. It soon appears on the dash center and is quickly followed by the secondred dotwhich sits 1 inch above the end to the Navigation hood when I get to the sweet spot. It is all adjustible from the ceiling.

When I back out the process is reversed so I gain a lot of confidence when I see the second dot retreat at the middle of the Navigation hood. I know that the both mirrors will pass evenly on both sides. By the way, I have the back-up camera option which helps, but doesn't tell you yhat the mirrors will clear the sidesevemly.

You will find the ride rather stiff and not as soft riding as the older models as it is the price you pay for the "sticking to the road like glue" tires and rims. This car can roar to life when you want it.

I have only 250 miles on it and have gained confidence it all this car does. By the trip computer I am finding I get 21-23mpg around town which is usually not very congested. I am stiil on the original fill and will expect this figure to climb to 24 for the way i drive. Not bad for car this size or powerful.

Best wishes and enjoy. The car is a great looker that will grows on you. Once the warm weather comes , it should be a hot seller!

cznite

Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Yes, the NAVI is a bit intimidating as is the Handsfree. I have to figure it out so I can teach it to my wife. It's her car and by her own admission not too tech savvy. I love the way it drives and handles. The whole buying experience was pain free. We appear to have a good dealership here in Williamsburg.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Happy Days to a New Honda Member...Welcome to HAF...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 PM

Welcome and congrats on the new car.