New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New girl! First Accord, first Honda :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:00 PM
grrlscout
Unregistered
Default New girl! First Accord, first Honda :)

Hey all,

Just picked up my first Honda yesterday, a 95 Accord EX. It's in great shape, and I'm the third owner. I've never owned a car like this and to be honest, I didn't think the car would drive as solidly or feel as sturdy as it does.

I'm also lucky in that my car came with a notebook showing a complete repair record going all the way back to 2001. There's some blank pages, so I intend to keep the tradition going.

I hope this car turns out to be a dependable ride for the next couple of years. I'm already entertaining thoughts of turning it in in a year or two to a Honda dealer, to get my next Accord.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Smile Hello Member...

Thank YOU for joining the HAF...
Happy To have another New Member on the Forum...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails New girl! First Accord, first Honda :)-lebron-james.jpg  
Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM

Hey, another 5th gen. How many miles does your accord have on it? Mine has 280,000 on the body and it still runs great considering.
If you dont mind the hassle of selling it yourself, take a look at what your local honda scene looks like right before you sell. Around here hondas go for a good deal more than what the dealer would give you.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:15 PM

welcome

Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM
grrlscout
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Darthanis
Hey, another 5th gen. How many miles does your accord have on it? Mine has 280,000 on the body and it still runs great considering.
If you dont mind the hassle of selling it yourself, take a look at what your local honda scene looks like right before you sell. Around here hondas go for a good deal more than what the dealer would give you.
Hey! Mine has 182,000 on it. I wrestled it loose from the seller for $1900 - is that a good/bad price? It came with a complete record of repairs dating back to 2001. The car itself is in great working order, and has a custom stereo. It's the EX... leather, moon roof, etc. The fellow seemed like a good guy, older fellow, lived in the country and he'd bought the car for his wife to use for work, and now she wanted something newer, so he was getting her something else.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 PM

I payed 2,000 for mine and it sounds like yours is in a lot better shape. I believe the 95 4d ex can go from 2500 to 3300 by blue book. If it was older couple owned that means it was not hammered and driven like a race car. Did this couple always own it? If so you can expect the car to be in good shape, many good buys come from older owners.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 AM
jphonda95
Unregistered

are you gunna put any pics of it up?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 AM
grrlscout
Unregistered

Yeah, the couple were good people and just were using it as transportation. The guy was an engineer with a master's degree and career military before that, and his wife was nurse. They got the car from a neighbor a few years ago. And the neighbor had bought it brand new for their daughter in college. She wrecked it many years ago but the repair record is complete for that and the driving isn't wobbly and the body is straight and the paint's in good shape except for a little spot on the front fender. The only thing is the airbags weren't recharged because it was too expensive. Everything else works fine.

So anyway, that makes me the 3rd owner. One of these days I will probably see what the dealer wants to recharge the air bags now.

I will be happy to put some pics up. It's been nothing but cloudy and rainy for the past 2 weeks and I was waiting for a hot, sunny day to do a good wash/wax and get pics. But I will take some when I'm out later today and post them.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:10 PM

keep an eye on local junk yards and craigslist. I saw the pair for my civic for 1000 which was a steal. Unfortunately the civic was deemed toasted.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Smile Hi Member...

Have you posted your Wanted in the Wanted section yet ?

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: New girl! First Accord, first Honda :)