New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy from Washington

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Default New guy from Washington

Hey guys name is Aaron, I am very new to Honda's. I actually used to refuse to own one, did not like them, always grew up on Muscle and American. But with the gas prices almost at 5 dollars a few weeks ago, finally now down under 4 a gallon, i decided to go with something that had a bit better gas mileage

I ended up picking up a 1994 Honda Accord EX-r (had to ask around about EX-r and found I got a good find?) for 2200.

Only issues I have to really worry about/fix was the rear driver wheel bearing, which meant entire hub, got that done though. But previous owner had HID's and took them out and cut the wires, so now I have to get all the wires up front for all the front lights RE wired, as I cannot find ANY of them, because I am sure they did a horrible wire job. The windows need to be fixed, they don't go up or down.. and really that's about it, other than getting new radio, as my headlights turn on the radio when car is off o.O.. oh and ignition has to get fixed, someone had and alarm system and upon install didn't take it ALL out, so the starter kill part of the system is still in there. I have to turn ignition on, then go into the engine bay and touch the two starter points.

Other than all that, I am really enjoying my Honda. I didn't want to fill up the post with pics but here is a link to the album of my Honda

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=909f8fbd1e

if this is against the rules, sorry. I will fix it. I just didn't see it anywhere that said i couldn't post a link to facebook albums, just other things.

Yes I read the the stickies first before posting, hence my sig :P.

Anyways sorry for the book, nice to be here, nice to potentially meet you all, have a great day

Oh and before I forget.. yes in the pics.. I hate the wing.. it WILL be coming off. I am going to just give it away to first person that brings over and does a decent bondo job to fill the holes lol. Or maybe if they have a more low profile wing.

Last edited by Boogieman; 06-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome.

From the pics, it looks like the previous owner did engine mods, pulleys, exhaust manifold, etc.

If your Accord is a U.S. model, there was no EX-R. The VIN number will tell. The previous owner may have just put an EX-R badge on it.

EX-R were available in Canada.

If you don't have it already, you can download the service manual for free. The links are part of the DIY sticky at the top of the General Tech Help section of this forum.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 AM

I knew the canada part. But someone told me that around that time only the canadian versions.. the ex-r.. had Leather? and mine does..

and yes.. I forgot to mention the mods...

Greddy 4-2-1 Headers.. Spectre Short Ram intake.. maybe the pulleys? I don't know lol. I am new to imports.

As for the vin telling me? what do i need to look for that will tell me?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

For the VIN, if it starts with 1 -USA, 2 -Canada, etc.

You can enter your VIN at sites like Bernardi Honda Parts to see some general info. on the car. Not sure if the Bernardi site would recognize other country VINs in their database.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 AM

SWEET! I will have to check next time i'm at my car lol. I am currently doing a medical study to make some good cash, so not exactly able to access my car right away lol.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Get the manual that Redbull-1 taked about....it will help sort out the wiring.

Also in the VIN, the digit after the "A" - 12th - is it an 8 or 0.

The 95 EX (USA) came with leather...8th digit of the VIN being 6

and forgot.....welcome to HAF

EDIT: and I now see Redbull-1 came back with "another way" of getting there.....I'm slow at reading and typing

Last edited by poorman212; 06-24-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:29 AM

yeah its possible they swapped the 95 into my 94.. but I won't know until I look at my VIN. as for the wiring, I am having a shop take care of all the electrical on the 5th of July . Found a decent priced shop. Won't cost me much. I'll still grab the manual too

Thanks for the info . and thanks for the welcome.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Get the manual that Redbull-1 taked about....it will help sort out the wiring.

Also in the VIN, the digit after the "A" - 12th - is it an 8 or 0.

The 95 EX (USA) came with leather...8th digit of the VIN being 6

and forgot.....welcome to HAF

EDIT: and I now see Redbull-1 came back with "another way" of getting there.....I'm slow at reading and typing

forgot my keys, but when i just went by my car the Digit after the A is a 0? the first 5 digi's are covered by my parking pass. But I at least got that part. What's the 0 mean? lol.