New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new here

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:36 AM
Default new here

Hi, I'm out of stockton, ca just traded in my 03 accord coupe ex for an 06 accord coupe v6 exl this past Sept. I'm making my new car my first project car.

This is what has been done so far.

18 Konig Trouble rims.
BFG g-Force T/A KDW-2 225/40/18 Y tires.
iPod direct connect.
Rockford Fosgate Punch 450W 4 Channel Amp.
Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5 Front Speakers.
Alpine Type S 6x9 Rear Speakers.
Hardwired mount for Garmin Nevo GPS.

This is what I'm getting in the next week or two

LoJack
AEM Cold Air Intake
Greddy Evo2 Exhaust System
KONI Yellow Adjustable Shock and Strut Kits
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Powerslot Rotors
Hawk Performance HPS Road/Sport disc brake pads
Removing OE mud flaps and swaping out the front license plate for a set of bumper plugs.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:23 AM
Default RE: new here

Welcome! You sound like you got it all down, I admire that. Mmmm, Evo 2 exhaust,<drools>.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 AM

I've been trying to get alot in imput from as many sources as possible with each mod, after this series of upgrades I'm going to start collecting info on a second amp, sub then eventually headers and if I'm not bankrupt by this point full turbo set up.

I have the body styling choces set in stone already, this is what I think will brake me.

My entire mod layout / timeline is set up on my car domain page.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:38 AM

Keep us posted about all the mods you do. There is a lot of people who like to know what works good/looks good/performs good/ etc. I like your list of mods but is the order listed the order that you are going to do them? To each his own but... I would do CAI, Evo 2 cat-back exhaust, headers then move onto suspension and then brakes. This way you go fast, then your lowered and handle well, and then stop. Not that braking is not important but stock should be good enough to get you by.
Once again, different strokes, just my opinion.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:24 AM

Actually that first list is my next appointment at the shop, should be done by the end of the month. It all started with getting the new wheels, those made me want to desperately lower it, then since I'm playing with suspension and it's all taken apart might as well redo the suspension, since the wheels are off, I might as well do the brakes and I was already planning on doing exhaust and CAI during this stage of upgrades. Header, I wanted to do a little more digging to see what has worked with my car.

What pushed up the schedule up was the guy who I'm having do the upgrades is retiring in 3 weeks, selling his shop to a long term employee after 16 years of owning the same shop. He came very highly recommended from several unrelated sources. He said becoming full time pro-driver has been a life-long dream and many of his customers were very pissed that he was following it, I had to break the news to a couple friends myself...

Old 10-03-2006, 03:50 PM

Sounds good, you the man with the plan!

Old 10-03-2006, 05:34 PM

lol, you got me all second guessing myself, was gonna change out the brakes for a header. I called the shop to see what the price difference would be and what they had available, apparently there arn't any ca street legal headers for the 06 yet, atleast that he knew of and could get.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:08 PM

I guess that takes out that option, lol!

Old 10-17-2006, 01:28 AM

speaking of stuff not being available, I kinda modified my upgrade list which included Comptech catback. I ordered it for install this monday, a Comptech rep emailed me the 06 had rear lip changes that mess up the fittment and Comptech won't have the 06 version out till after the new year. I guess I'll wait the 2+ months, don't think it's worth doing body work for my exhaust...

Other things I've changed in my upgrade list.
AEM V2
Tein SS w/ EDFC
no lojack went with viper w/ gps tracking

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2459848/1

Old 10-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forums...looks like you wont have any trouble fitting in with the boys and gals in here, you already have there attention..nice mods for your ride.

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: new here