New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here and have ????

Old 11-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Default New here and have ????

First and for most happy to be a part of this... HONDA CULT.... lol... I bought a 2000 honda acoord LX... didnt care much for the moon roof or the leather.... This car has made me a beliver in what I have been hearing for years.... These cars are unmached.... Let me start with the basics= It is a HONDA ACCORD COUPE LX V4 2.3 V-TEC in mint mint condition... i have done alot to its looks and have also done the music... i know that with the money that i have invested in this car i could have bought a new car but this car has my heart... and all i want is to make it my own... she has just over 100k... i did the timming belt water cooler and but in a new oil pan. I want to do a few mods to the engine... thinking of= headers,cold air intake and working the chip for more performance.... but before i do i need and want some opinions.... anyone?

Old 11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: New here and have ????

Theres nothing wrong with a Honda cult... Now sacrifice something to appease the Honda God, and send me 10% of your income as a tithing.... I will forward it to the Honda God for you...

Got any pics of the car? Intake, headers and exhaust are good starts for performance mods. Search the forum and you will find a lot of good input.

Also, your car is an inline four, not a V-4. Just putting that out there.

Old 11-26-2006, 04:24 PM

whats the diffrance between an inline 4 and a v4??

Old 11-26-2006, 04:28 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

A V4 would look like a V when viewed from the front, with two cylinders on each side of the V. Inline four means all four cylinders are in a straight line. If you look at your engine, you will see that all the spark plugs are in a row.

This site will tell you pretty much everything about the different engine configurations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V4_engine

Old 11-26-2006, 04:31 PM

here are some pics

Old 11-26-2006, 04:33 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Hey thats pretty sharp looking. Where did you get that tail light kit? I have never seen that one before.

Old 11-26-2006, 04:34 PM

dose that make a diffrance in proformance????

Old 11-26-2006, 04:35 PM

i live in queens new york so we have a place called big boys toys... got em there... they are Elegante from TYC..

Old 11-26-2006, 04:42 PM

i want to do a computer chip mod.... but not sure what to do... i know that the car is only a INLINE 4 but i know that i can get more power and performance out of it.

Old 11-26-2006, 04:44 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Computer chip should wait until you have the basic bolt ons. Do the intake, header, cat back exhaust, then move on to stuff like a chip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New here and have ????