New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Here, No accord yet

Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
rutger1413
Unregistered
Default New Here, No accord yet

Hey all, I have been lurking for about 2 weeks now, assessing whether or not to get an accord. Obviously I have finally decided to....Just have to wait till the time is right (moving in a month and want to get settled in first). I currently have a 06 Nissan Sentra and hate it. The paint is garbage and it has electrical problems (been fixed by the dealer 3 times already for various items). It rides ok and im happy with the drive, just not the quality of the accessories and paint.

Anywho, I am looking at getting a 04,05 Accord EX-L V6. Took one for a test drive and am very pleased, so that seems to be the route I will be going.

Just wanted to say something instead of lurk for too long.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Default RE: New Here, No accord yet

Haha...welcome. I did some lurking before i joined too.
Good luck with your move and getting ur new Accord. Any plans on what your goin to do to the car?
Enjoi ur stay...

Old 07-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Thank You for joining the HAF, were happy to have you inhere with us..Have fun and keep coming back in to post:

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-04-2007, 06:25 AM
rutger1413
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Dazed
Any plans on what your goin to do to the car?
Enjoi ur stay...
Im not big into "bling"....more of a functional person myself.

I do plan on doing a carputer. I thought about putting it in my sentra, but there just isnt a good place to put a screen without doing a TON of work to the console. I will most likely start with a laptop i have laying around and get it up and running with GPS and such then eventually go the mini box route.

Other than that probably just a CAI and remote start.....which with heated seats it would be stupid not to in PA.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

unfortunately, you didnt make a great pic for adding a monitor. it's virtaully impossible to replace the factory deck with a double din size monitor, unless you want to put it in the cubby.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:47 PM
rutger1413
Unregistered

After looking at some of the other ones out there, I will probably put the monitor on the bottom. Im assuming this is the cubby. If needed I will tint the windows so that the glare on the screen isn't bad. I will also be hooking it into the factory radio via RCA's through the XM port. I have actually given this a lot of thought already.

I will have to see how it works out once i get the vehicle though. September is looking like a good time frame for that.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 PM

Yeah you will have alot of time to keep thinking and looking for the right monitor/fit....wait...September isnt tht far way. Time flies wen you are Dazed...

Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

interesting...please keep us updated...i'[ve wanted to do something to my 7th gen, but have shied away cause the options kinda suck.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 AM
rutger1413
Unregistered

When leasing a vehicle....do most ppl keep up on maintenance? The reason I am asking is because im looking into buying a used accord and most are leased vehicle bought at auctions. I know the general stuff to look for when buying used, but normally I buy local trade ins....problem is that hardly anyone trades in accords.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 AM

If you plan on buying from a dealer, look for a "certified used" one. You never know who had that leased accord before the dealer bought it at auction. It could have been a little old lady that babied it, or it could have been somebody that let their 15 year olddemonseed[sm=badbadbad.gif] drive it who tried to rag it out. Certified used should come with a warranty and will have to go through a thorough inspection before they sell it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Here, No accord yet