New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member - Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Question New Member - Alabama

I just bought my first Accord, a 2013 EX L, this week. I have called the dealership so many times with questions it's getting embarrassing. Hoping this is a place I can learn about the features without having to keep calling.

My Accord has the push button start system. The book says that there is a key within the remote device that can be used in case the battery goes dead. I tried the key and it does unlock the driver's side door but I can't find the key slot to allow me to start the engine. Hopefully I won't have to worry about this for two years or more but I can see myself stranded in an undesirable location late at night and no way to get my car to run.

Secondly, I see no way to change the battery in the remote so I assume that must be done by the dealer. The replacement batteries in my door remotes for my Ford truck cost $3 or less.
1. How much will Honda charge to replace the battery?
2. Will they need both remotes to do the change? If I'm away from home and only have one remote will I need both remotes before they can do the job?

Last edited by jmikestock; 03-02-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Clarify
Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 AM

Am I wrong to think this forum is monitored by Honda's people?

Old 03-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

You would be wrong. Well, MONITORED maybe. Certainly not MAINTAINED by Honda. I've never seen a post from any kind of official Honda person. As an engineer (not in the automotive industry) I wouldn't be surprised if they read it, but I WOULD be surprised if the company lawyers allow them to make any offical postings.

We're a bunch of car-geeks who post here, trying to help people. For the most part, we've done backyard auto-repair to fix our own cars, and enjoy sharing what we've learned hoping it can help people. There's a few of us who are actually ASE certified mechanics, some who used to work at Honda dealers, but this site is not at all associated with Honda themselves.

Welcome anyway!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Administrator
Talking

Originally Posted by jmikestock
Am I wrong to think this forum is monitored by Honda's people?
Goodness yes, this forum is monitored by Honda people but not Honda dealers that are on the payroll per sae..
Welcome to the forum and to HAF...

WheelBrokerAng

Thank You James as always, you have a good answer.