New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member here

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 02:45 AM
Cool New member here

Hello everyone, excited to meet all of you and be apart of a Honda Accord community. I have a JDM 1999 Honda Accord Sir-t with a f20b engine, LSD T2T4 transmission. She is lowered with Tein street advance Z coilovers, and sitting on some gold XXR rims with Delinte thunder D7 tires. Last year I got a Personal pole position red 350mm steering wheel, with the Fet sport quick release kit version 3 and Works bell steering hub 221S. I also got the Exedy clutch kit, air intake and a full custom exhaust setup done by abc muffler which is highly recommended if in the area. I have my whole front, up to the middle of my hood 3m plus the mirrors as you can see in my photos. For some power and extras I have a Hondata S300 with a ecu jumper harness already bought but not put on. I am worried about running into ecu issues when I have finally got my car running great.
That is basically everything right now but I will be evolving this car over the years to come, I have some plans. Thanks for allowing me to share and stoked to hear about you guys and gals rides. Have a great day

Old 04-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by JDMF20b
Hello everyone, excited to meet all of you and be apart of a Honda Accord community. I have a JDM 1999 Honda Accord Sir-t with a f20b engine, LSD T2T4 transmission. She is lowered with Tein street advance Z coilovers, and sitting on some gold XXR rims with Delinte thunder D7 tires. Last year I got a Personal pole position red 350mm steering wheel, with the Fet sport quick release kit version 3 and Works bell steering hub 221S. I also got the Exedy clutch kit, air intake and a full custom exhaust setup done by abc muffler which is highly recommended if in the area. I have my whole front, up to the middle of my hood 3m plus the mirrors as you can see in my photos. For some power and extras I have a Hondata S300 with a ecu jumper harness already bought but not put on. I am worried about running into ecu issues when I have finally got my car running great.
That is basically everything right now but I will be evolving this car over the years to come, I have some plans. Thanks for allowing me to share and stoked to hear about you guys and gals rides. Have a great day
Welcome to the forums. There's not many here doing custom engine swaps, so you might not find as many responses to your questions, but we'll try to help where we can. Take a look around, as you might find help or other ideas from other users. If the 6th gen Honda accord web site were more active, I'd suggest going there, but it's become more of an archive site than anything. Still you might find some info there. I hope this helps, and welcome aboard.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:26 PM

Welcome, liked the post. Read through the first time quickly, thought - sounds like a cool setup. Then looked at your pictures, thought - that's a sweet looking car. Then re-read, realized I'd never heard of the Sir-T before (and apparently overlooked that on the first read of the post). Looked up the Sir-T, and was sort of mind-blown. I didn't know they made that variant, but man is it sweet. When did you get the car?

Old 04-27-2019, 01:48 AM

Thank you guys, glad to be here. Its alright If I don’t get many responses, i have a very knowledgeable Japanese shop here who’s been helping me understand the car. I’d be happy if anyone had any idea’s and suggestion that I could do. I would love to share this build with everyone as the progression continues. Also I’m very excited to learn more about all of yours accords and story’s. I have a great passion for this lifestyle and enjoy hearing others who do too. Thanks NMinop, I was mind-blown when I stumbled upon this accord, she is just as clean underneath as her body. Very well maintained since her first steps. I purchased the car 2 years ago. Always wanted to try a right hand drive and I like to be unique so when this one came up i thought it was perfect and new i had to have it. There’s a big car meet every weekend at a Tim hortons here in the city, takes up two good size parking lots and every time I’ve went I haven’t seen one yet. People are always asking what kind of car this is and respect how well the Honda Accord looks. I think all accords have nice sharp and clean looks, good on the eyes. If you have any other questions I’d be more than happy to answer them. Thanks again for the warm welcome and everyone have a awesome day.

Last edited by JDMF20b; 04-27-2019 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JDMF20b
Thank you guys, glad to be here. Its alright If I don’t get many responses, i have a very knowledgeable Japanese shop here who’s been helping me understand the car. I’d be happy if anyone had any idea’s and suggestion that I could do. I would love to share this build with everyone as the progression continues. Also I’m very excited to learn more about all of yours accords and story’s. I have a great passion for this lifestyle and enjoy hearing others who do too. Thanks NMinop, I was mind-blown when I stumbled upon this accord, she is just as clean underneath as her body. Very well maintained since her first steps. I purchased the car 2 years ago. Always wanted to try a right hand drive and I like to be unique so when this one came up i thought it was perfect and new i had to have it. There’s a big car meet every weekend at a Tim hortons here in the city, takes up two good size parking lots and every time I’ve went I haven’t seen one yet. People are always asking what kind of car this is and respect how well the Honda Accord looks. I think all accords have nice sharp and clean looks, good on the eyes. If you have any other questions I’d be more than happy to answer them. Thanks again for the warm welcome and everyone have a awesome day.
That's a nice looking ride. Looks like you have sitting almost perfect too. I didn't realize yours was a RHD car. I think having a shop that knows what they're doing will help you out with any tuning issues.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:17 PM

Very sweet ride. How does it drive? I was surprised that it was rated @ 200 HP with the 4 cyl. Oh and how is driving a RHD car? So many unique cars available on the market, but I think I'd be all backwards driving it. Would take some unlearning to do. You're kinda like a mail-(wo)man in style!

This site seems to have a good amount of people who could be great technical resources, with knowledge across the generations. I have a 9th gen, and doesn't seem like there is a ton of 9th gen-specific information here. But I'm starting to learn that a lot of the information on previous gen's applies to the later ones. Point is, that there is more technical information available than it may seem at first glance. And it's moderated and organized well.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:50 AM

Thanks Toecutter, it’s bin a working progress. I was surprised at first when I realized it was a RHD, had to do my research after that. Went through 2 import shops before I found the right one. These guys at First Gear really understand Japanese cars and tuning. I’d like to get more familiar with the maps, programming, data logging and everything else that comes. Thanks NMinop, I keep her clean and fresh always. She drives really smooth and yes with the 200hp it picks up and goes. I used to work in a auction yard so I got to drive a couple RHD through the auction which gave me some experience. On the highway and going through all the gears wasn’t actually as hard as I thought it would be. Foot pedals are the same and for shifting it’s basically just using your other hand pushing away and up to first, instead of pulling in and up to first. I’ve been driving standards since I got my license and was always into cars and cruising so I really wanted to find a new chapter to driving. Hahaha that Japanese unique style.
I’ve been ready through all the threads and checking everyone out and I can see there is lots of people and good topics. I’m not too familiar with accords so it’s nice getting info and reading conversations about the car here.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:49 PM

That's the thing I like about this site, the mix of cars and countries. Your car might have more in common with either Japan, Aus, or the UK, than with most USA models. The euro spec models might have more in common with the drive train, but are LHD cars.
My built for USA in Japan 6th gen Accord is very similar to my wife's built for USA in Ohio 6th gen Accord, but there are little differences here and there.
The biggest problem, is the limited aftermarket support for these "old" cars, versus the newer ones. Add in everybody seems to make almost anything for the Civic.