New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member, New Honda, Lots of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Smile New Member, New Honda, Lots of questions!

Hey all, I'm a new member here. I bought my first Honda a few months ago and I'm loving it so far! It's an '02 Accord, V6. There are a few little problems with it here and there, but I got it for a great deal!

I wanted to join a forum where I could ask questions about the car and learn more from all of you here. I'm excited about fixing up the car and getting it into tip-top shape and keeping it there for many years to come!

So, I'll have plenty of questions to post and hopefully share what I learn & experience with y'all.

Look forward to seeing y'all around!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:02 AM

I'm setting up my info and stuff and my first question would be... how do I get an avatar? It seems to not allow me the option at all. Is it after a certain amount of posts?

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Thumbs up Heylo & Welcome...

Originally Posted by csorbera
I'm setting up my info and stuff and my first question would be... how do I get an avatar? It seems to not allow me the option at all. Is it after a certain amount of posts?

Thanks!
You will need to talk to and be a admin to get a avatar...U can Have a profile pic, But it seems the Forum only allows Admins and Moderators to have Avatar's as far as we understand... I went thru this a few weeks ago. I wanted a pic on my signature page but since Im not a "Officer" in the forum I just posted a link to the pic I wanted, Check out my signature and u can see what I did...
This place is great ! lots of info and help, But I would suggest getting to kno all the different forums, and get real familiar w/the Search Button, Its always good to have as much in for when asking for help in the DIY sections, and General Tech Help areas. We all have probably already asked a lot of the questions U will Have...
But, Once again Welcome to the HAF Forum...P.S. Be sure to Check out the thread clear down at the bottom of Forum Jump under "Other"..,.Lots of good info on how to operate and Function In side HAF...

Last edited by dunnskii; 02-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Thanks Dave about Csorbera's question..you gave him a good answer..

Old 02-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Thumbs up Thank Ya Sir...

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Thanks Dave about Csorbera's question..you gave him a good answer..
Well Since Im not a super Honda Tech, I figure I can help alittle on that Kinda stuff since Im so familiar with it by learning the ropes by mistakes...LOL

Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Supper Moderator

welcome enjoy your stay.

You can have a avatar by request..you just can't have a signature...like I do unless your a mod.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Well, Chris has a signature just like we encourage people to do. He juat can't have a PICTURE in his signature.

Make up a picture for your avatar, about 100-ish pixels and one of the moderators can put it into your profile. As long as it's G-rated & all that stuff.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Default Are U guys Sure ???

There is a difference between "Avatar" and "Profile Pic" But then again, who am I "Crazy Dave" to answer questions LOL.....But just so Ya kno, I do have a Avatar, but it doesnt show up for anything really... My profile pic pops up on all most all of my post.... That COOL storm pic dont show up for POOP>>>!!!

Last edited by dunnskii; 02-06-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to posting more. I'll see y'all around the forums.