New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member from NoVa

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Default New Member from NoVa

Greetings,

Sunday I picked up my 94 Accord LX race car from a current forum member lightningd.

In the past, I worked as a service advisor for Honda so I am not that unfamiliar with these cars.

I will lurk around seeing what I can learn...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, would love to see pictures of it. racecar as in drag, autox, stock car etc?

Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Talking Hi Up There..

Originally Posted by Half-fast
Greetings,

Sunday I picked up my 94 Accord LX race car from a current forum member lightningd.

In the past, I worked as a service advisor for Honda so I am not that unfamiliar with these cars.

I will lurk around seeing what I can learn...
Welcome to the lower part of North America.
We will be happy to have you as our " Service Advisor " from Canada..here is a flag for you to save and use if you wish.

Thank You for joining.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails New Member from NoVa-nova-scotia.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing he means NoVa like northern virginia not nova scotia.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by live2rice
I'm guessing he means NoVa like northern virginia not nova scotia.
You are corrrect, Northern Virginia. Sorry Wheel, being new I had no idea how multi national you folks were. My bad.

Welcome, would love to see pictures of it. racecar as in drag, autox, stock car etc?
It's actually a road race car. It's been built to race with NASA's Performance Touring "E" (PTE) class. It's top 3 just about everytime it's raced. Since a car does not a driver make, I hope I can carry the torch.

Here is a pic I found of the previous owner at VIR in Southern Virginia.

Attached Thumbnails New Member from NoVa-405793626.jpg  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 AM

Here is another from the start at VIR last summer. He started outside pole next to a car two classes higher

Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

I would definitely be interested in seeing a lot more pics and seeing the specs on the car. Seems like a lot of fun.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 AM

From what I know thus far, it's a junkyard motor with a bismo stage2 cam, hondata, a home made airbox with AEM intake but otherwise stock engine wise. It's been detuned for the class to 139 HP, 148 TQ.

Suspension is revalved Koni yellows, GC coil overs with 1K rear, 800 ft springs.

Trans has prelude final drive and shifter.

He is some sort of electrical engineer and made his own dash/switch panel.

Any other questions?

Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Thats pretty cool looks like it was done right. What are your plans for the car? I personally would clean it up a little bit, install a steering wheel without a airbag. Maybe some sort of dash, nothing fancy.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 AM

Thats pretty cool looks like it was done right. What are your plans for the car? I personally would clean it up a little bit, install a steering wheel without a airbag. Maybe some sort of dash, nothing fancy.
Clean it ?

It's a 100% race car, the dash is optional. Since it's only function is beauty, and it has weight, it's unnecessary. Lightningd did a lot to lighten the car. If it's not necessary it was gone... The hood is CF, the trunk lid and doors are gutted. It's got a 9lb braille battery, every internal piece of unnecessary metal has been removed or attacked with a hole saw. He even removed the wiper motor if there was no rain predicted... "it's 10 lbs!" he said.

I do have a Momo adapter and wheel along with a quick disconnect to replace the steering wheel. I am a bit larger than the previous owner and it's needed to get in and out

Quick Reply: New Member from NoVa