New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new to this site.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Mayne
Unregistered
Default new to this site.

hey guys. technically i dont own a accord. but i did bought a 95 accord lx for my little sister. cost $2800. actually her friend help her find that car, i just gave my sis the money.
for one, i am sick of her borrowing my car, and 2 its tax money , so i aint losing anything , kinda, lol.
well she never ever do routine maintenence, women !!![:@]
all i told her is to check the oil dip stick every week. and 4 month after she got the car, all the oil leak out , no more oil. so i told her to take it to a shop about 100 yard away to do oil change.
then about a month later the oil is empty again, and i told her 100 times to check it, so i went to check it yesterday and the oil is all gone. so momentarily i just add more oil. i tighten the plug and it still leaks. one last go, i will do a oil change and rap some gasket around the fasteners thread and see if it still leaks.
if it still leaks, you guys know how much it cost for a new oil pan??
i just bought a manual, and i look at it as a way to learn more about hondas. so i look forward to do more maintenace to this car. if i dont help my sister, this will be the 2nd car that she own that will end up in the junk yard because she negleck it like hell.
thanks for your time.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Default RE: new to this site.

Are you sure the car is not burning the oil? Did you look to see where the oil is leaking from? If it is the oil pan, you would notice an immediate spill. Is it the oil pan gasket? What about the valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals? Those could leak oil too. Don't forget to change your oil filter. By the way, you can get a new oil pan for under $100 new.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Mayne
Unregistered
Default RE: new to this site.

i will try to take a picture when i have free time. i think it could be draining from the plug and the oil moves down toward the pan where gravity makes it fall.
thanks for the info bro.