New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to site from Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Talking New to site from Orlando

Moved to Orlando in May. Been hiding in my garage rebuilding the accord for months. My name is Peter, it is much hotter in the summer here than it is is San Diego! Trying to meet cool people who enjoy working on Hondas and just being busy and creative in general. Was a Navy Corpsman for ten years then became a nurse and then went right into construction. Now I am doing whatever to have something to do.

My car is a work in progress. Engine back in it this week, then tune, then to the shop to install upholstery and new carpets. Should be something else after that.

I have searched the internet high and low for an accord non ABS prop valvle to finish my brake system. Also a good used MASter Cylinder too. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am in the process of an ABS delete.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Hello and Welcome New Member..
Thank You for joining the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Supper Moderator

welcome enjoy your stay. If you are deleting your ABS you need a 40/40 prop. valve NOT a ABS valve. You can get them off DA tegs are they most common. Now you say engine will be in soon…why type of engine stock or wha??t…since you are talking about a tune.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

... he said a "NON-ABS" proportioning valve.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Supper Moderator

yeah he sure did didn't he....my bad

Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Welcome to the site ya I live in Orlando btw do you have pics of the accord

Old 09-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Default Pics of the Accord.

Yes, I have may pics of it and also have some of it being transformed. The last thing I had to deal with was the clearancce of the UCA's. I had adjustable kit on their and it would hit hard no mater what. While I am only running's it still slammed up into the fender well.

I have these aftermarket UCA's off of eBay with adjustable ball joint.

I had to cut the outer part of that off to make it clear the fenderwell. When I say fenderwell, I mean the part straight up inside above the ball joint not the lip or anything. I was able to do this with a dremel tool and cutting wheels after separating the ball joint and moving UCA into a good working position.

The adjustable ball joint is secured with 4 threaded set bolts with lock washers. It is snug and secure. Been driving it around and can even go over railroad tracks without bottoming out.

Side note, the suspension is Skunk2 lowering shocks and springs. No coil overs! What a fantastic ride! When driving easy it is smooth and comfortable, when driving aggressively, it reacts to road conditions properly.

______ _
______ _|

Sort of how I cut the UCA ends off .
______
______

Peter

Old 09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up * And By The Way **

Originally Posted by pjschmitt
Moved to Orlando in May. Been hiding in my garage rebuilding the accord for months. My name is Peter, it is much hotter in the summer here than it is is San Diego! Trying to meet cool people who enjoy working on Hondas and just being busy and creative in general. Was a Navy Corpsman for ten years then became a nurse and then went right into construction. Now I am doing whatever to have something to do.

My car is a work in progress. Engine back in it this week, then tune, then to the shop to install upholstery and new carpets. Should be something else after that.

I have searched the internet high and low for an accord non ABS prop valvle to finish my brake system. Also a good used MASter Cylinder too. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am in the process of an ABS delete.
Here's something for you to click on..
Thanks for joining us here...

Attached Thumbnails New to site from Orlando-floridaflag.jpg